Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retrax bed cover

Default Retrax bed cover

Anyone using a Retrax cover?

Wondering about leaks. For the price I don’t expect leaks, that being said is it just going to happen? Truck has a crappy fold up soft cover now. Like the idea of the roll up design to get into a cooler with out having to always drop the tailgate.

What are you puttin it on? Buddy of mine has one for sale...sold his truck..

21 super duty

I’ve got one on a Ram 1500, a Retrax sold by Gator Covers. I love it. Really surprised that it doesn’t leak a drop. In a very hard rain, where water is standing on it, you might get a very small amount in the back corners on either side of the tailgate. I actually am going to put mine in the TP soon. A employee at the feed store bent it slightly with a forklift and they replaced it. I think it could be bent back but I haven’t tried it. Going to sell the used one on the cheap…
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Don't. I had one, it was great for a while and then it became a raging piece of shit. Wouldn't slide, and the edges started coming down out of the tracks and it looked like it had waves in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Camper shell

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Don't. I had one, it was great for a while and then it became a raging piece of shit. Wouldn't slide, and the edges started coming down out of the tracks and it looked like it had waves in it
    There was one in a truck I bought back around 97-98ish. This is exactly what happened to that one. Got all warped and basically went in the shit can.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Camper shell
    This is the route I took after I trashed the retraxx. No regerts
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    This is the route I took after I trashed the retraxx. No regerts
    2DA7B599-45A8-424C-B012-F435E0EDB270.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Camper shell
    I went with a camper shell and a Decked system in the bed, I like it so far. I only have $1150 in both of them after being patient on Facebook classifieds.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 06-06-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I went with a camper shell and a Decked system in the bed, I like it so far. I only have $1150 in both of them after being patient on Facebook classifieds.
    you need a bedslide next. Next best thing to perky titties.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I had a Retrax be it worked great. I had the all metal one, not the cheap one like Feets bought…..

I have a camper shell and drawer system now and it’s the tits.

Love my camper shell. Decked system is next. Never seen one on FB tho. I don’t have Jacobs luck. Lol

Thanks. No shell or deck system until I’m certain we won’t be doing a 5th wheel.

Still saving up and researching campers. Still a good ways from purchasing as well. Just need something that can be flexible with what ever we eventually decide.

I take my shell on and off as needed. Stays on most of the time but have it off right now for the summer. Takes 10 minutes to take it off or put it back on

Quad cab and a shell is a very versatile vehicle. It makes a great spike camp for hunting trips, you don't need much gear to be comfortable for one or two nights.

I wouldn’t own anything but a Retrax
    More fuel = more boost!!

I speak from experience, not opinion.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I absolutely love the 2 Retrax systems I've got. I've got a powered one on the short bed Duramax, and the manual slide on the long bed F350. I use fifth wheel and gooseneck in both trucks. I've had problems in the past with other trucks where an above-bed tool box would make contact with my trailers, and I would have to remove the tool box when pulling the big trailers. With the Retrax systems, I have all my tools in weather-proof boxes ahead of the fifth wheel and gooseneck connection, and they can remained locked up because you can lock the Retrax cover at any position. You do lose some bed storage with the cannister, but I've never felt bothered by it. Anything oversized goes on a trailer anyways. As far as waterproof, the powered one on the Duramax is about 80% dry and 95% on the F350. I have a plethora of dry bags, boxes and containers for anything that absolutely has to stay dry as well. Absolutely the best purchases I've made on my trucks!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

seems to me like you truck people spend a lot of money to turn it into an SUV.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.