Thread: Little River 8/27-8/29

Late leaving Fri. and didn't know anything about the tropical storm that seemed to just pop up out of nowhere. Well decided to try it out Sat. morning along with the wife and 2 kids and of course my mom wanted to go. I figured we would try out a couple of the nearshore reefs with the seas being 3-4's and mostly 4's and an occasional 5 or 6, but didn't quite make it out to my destination which was about 12 miles out. First it was my youngest boy (6), in the cabin, then the wife, in the cabin, then my mom, over the side, all seasick.
    So I did get to drop one line in for my oldest son and he landed about a 2# spanish. Rigged up a couple of rods to troll some before bringing the "crew" back in, but no good.
    This other hurricane is supposed to do what it is gonna do by this weekend and I'll probably be heading back the next weekend if all looks good.

There is a kingfish tourny in wrightsville beach
    $25,000 biggest fish 9/16- 9/18
    web page
    Welcome to the South..............<br /><br /><br />Don\'t stay too long

12 miles, kids, wifey, grandma and 3-4' seas takes a fair sized rig and some balls. What kinda boat you got there rastaman?

I never said I made it to 12 miles out, 'bout halfway. I have a wellcraft 248 offshore w/a cuddy with twin 175 mercs. Its an older boat but it is pretty good shape. And for the record, I do have some bigun's, but I ain't stupid. lol.

Rafterman, sorry I haven't posted up yet, I have had alot going on, we need to talk tomorrow night so i can see where you went and what you saw.... and tell you the first trip out of LR story where the wife went to the floor(no cuddy) and I caught bait on sabiki but had no way to rig drive and catch at the same time lol She now likes dramamine, they make it in a non-drowsy forumla that doesnt make you quite as sleepy as the old stuff. Will holler atcha this week. Hope yall had some fun. DId you find bird island to let everyone swim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

Rock, I wasn't around yesterday evening, broke a damn lift arm on the tractor and had to fix it again, give me a call,or, with all the rain I am off work today, I will probably be lurking here in and out today, and this evening around 8pm.
    It is really tough trying to stay on course rigging bait, drinkin a beer, and watch the fish finder, and check on all the sick ones.lol
    Mom had already taken a pill earlier, she said, but when we got to the jetties and they saw how big the swells were, my wife took one and mom took another, (it was too late, and I told them before they needed to take one the night before and one in the am.)
    We still had a good time though. Nobody was up for swimming when we got back in, but Bird Island looks like a nice place to hang out, maybe even camp out.

I would like to go again this weekend but it is looking more to the week of 9/17-9/19 for me. Any more talk of a fish out? We could see how many boats we can get together and decide how much everyone could stand to put in the pot for the most fish and/or the biggest fish.
    Well I'll talk at ya later