Thread: NGU Baseball

Default NGU Baseball

North Greenville is headed to the Division 2 College World Series for the first time in program history. The tournament will be held in Cary, NC and tickets are free. Landon Powell has done an excellent job since he has been at NGU. Good luck to the Cru!

Pretty cool. After I left El Cid, I played football there for a couple of years and graduated in '00. Good luck to them kids.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 05-29-2022 at 07:22 AM.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

They plating at Ting Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Pretty cool. After I left El Cid, I played football there for a couple of years and graduated in '00. Good luck to them kids.
    Did you graduate from the citadel?

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    They plating at Ting Park?
    "The 2022 NCAA DII baseball championship will be played June 4-11 at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina."

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I was on a seven year college degree program from 96-03 with a year away for military stuff, but I finished my last 2 years at NGU from 01-03.

No, sir. Attended El Cid from '94-'96. Took a couple of years off, worked, and smoked s TON of pot (for my cataracts). Went back to school to play ball and graduated from NGC (North Greenville College at the time) in '00.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Ah…learn something new every day.

Hope your cataracts are doing okay. Lol

Good for NGU. Hope they make a deep run.

I took the scenic route for college as well. First class was 1999, last class to finish a bachelor's was spring '14.

Didn't involve a lot of pot, but it sure did involve copious amounts of alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-29-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Congrats to NGU.

Tigerville is where my parents met back in the 1940’s

If I am correct even my Grandmother (Dad’s Mom) went there. We laughed when we found her college diploma years ago at the office. Her degree was in Chemistry

Landon Powell has done a phenomenal job there, I really figured he would be in D1 by now but I assume he is waiting on the USuC job to open up sooner or later

I haven’t paid any attention lately, but early on he was filling the roster with SEC players on the verge, but not getting the PT they wanted. Very smart move.

Anyway to see tonight’s game on tv?
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

And they are the World Series Champions! Went undefeated in this past week.

Landon is a solid guy and a great coach…. He outright tells everyone he wants the SC job. He fills his roster with Sec and ACC transfer players who got no PT.

Not sure that translates to SEC ball or not

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Landon is a solid guy and a great coach…. He outright tells everyone he wants the SC job. He fills his roster with Sec and ACC transfer players who got no PT.

He may want the SC job one day, but he better make sure Ray Tanner is gone, a new president is in place, and the board of trustees is done with their childish arguing and power struggles. Until that happens he better stay right where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post

Looks like it would fit the mold perfect the way D1 college sports are going. Find a bunch of disgruntled guys with chips on their shoulders and roll with it.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."