Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paint your trees purple

If you make tresspassers think there's a good chance you'll kill em when you catch em there's a good chance they won't come back. And word gets out.

I agree with SW.
    Uncle had a problem with guys sneaking in to fish his farm pond. Law couldn't stop it. Next time it happened he snuck down to the pond and fired his shotgun into the water. He said he did not have a problem after that and word got around he was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by ADP View Post
    Yep and one can only hope they know how their lines run. I've seen more zig zag purple painted property lines than you can shake a stick at.
    It’s amazing to me how many people don’t know where their lines are, or care. Truly amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    It’s amazing to me how many people don’t know where their lines are, or care. Truly amazing
    I fully expect this to turn in to some survey work in the future after lines get marked wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    If you make tresspassers think there's a good chance you'll kill em when you catch em there's a good chance they won't come back. And word gets out.
    You don’t have to be crazy, you just have to make them think that you are crazier than they are. I promise you it works.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I fully expect this to turn in to some survey work in the future after lines get marked wrong.
    I’m sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I loved this song as a kid. Now I have completely switch sides. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I changed the duck limit to 12 per day, on Mars.
    Did you get a soil sample?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Did you get a soil sample?
    https://www.farmprogress.com/plantin...ants-soil-moon

The property that backs up to mine was cut last summer so I painted the trees along the line just to let them know I didn't want them on my side.

The hunt club beside me cut about 500 metal signs out of roofing tin, made a stencil, and stenciled
    "NO TRESPAZING" on every one, then nailed them up. I can only imagine the stimulating conversation at that work day.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    The hunt club beside me cut about 500 metal signs out of roofing tin, made a stencil, and stenciled
    "NO TRESPAZING" on every one, then nailed them up. I can only imagine the stimulating conversation at that work day.
    They probably didn't cut the metal wide enough for 2 s's

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    That fellow in Wyoming could have stopped those corner cutting trespassers with some paint. If only, he'd known...
    Corner cutting trespassers.

A la verga…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

From what I understand, there are at least two levels of trespass. Trespassing and trespassing after notice. If you have clear signs or if it's someone who has been formally warned before, it can be enforced as trespass after notice which carries a stiffer penalty. Purple paint is now formal notice that the property is posted.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

https://chathamjournal.com/2021/06/2...d-with-murder/

This happened on the property that bordered the property I used to hunt. They have since sold the property in order to pay for his legal fees. The same couple had flown a drone over my head several times while walking from my stands to my truck. Them and numerous property owners had been having a hard time with four wheelers trespassing through their property riding down our pipeline ROW.

Guess he stopped the trespassing problem though