Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teach Them Well…

Default Teach Them Well…

Yesterday the question was “where does water come from?” So we discussed how water is recycled by nature from rain to ocean and back to rain again. Talked about how you probably are drinking or have drank somebodies pee at some point. A fact they all found funny and a little gross. More importantly we talked about where our water goes and how it impacts places far away from us. Backyard unnamed stream, Ranson Creek, Middle Tyger River, Tyger River, Broad River, Congaree, Marion, Moultrie, Cooper, Charleston Harbor, Atlantic Ocean. They traced it out on a map so they could see the impact litter and water pollution has not just here but down stream. They will only conserve what they love, only love what they know and only know what they are taught. Teach them well.

894A9866-267F-40AC-865E-34C396BD1FBC.jpg

AC6A8602-FF06-4C19-839C-B3E7716B46C6.jpg

D011BAE9-13FE-4279-8BC7-E60801C4FAF9.jpg

This is great, thanks for sharing!

Cute kids. Obviously got mama's looks.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Oh yeah, and pure awesomeness.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Those three right there are the only folks I know who argue over who gets to carry the dead squirrels when we go squirrel hunting

Good stuff 2N Glenn
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Love it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good stuff!

Fine work sir!

Good stuff for sure. Old, SC river maps are intriguing to say the least. I used to have a copy of one that also included the names of the indian tribes and their travel corridors that paralleled the rivers.
    The settlement of the Saluda/Broad River area is a very interesting story and worth a read.

SC rivers map.jpg

Good looking bunch of kids also.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-27-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    we talked about where our water goes and how it impacts places far away from us. Backyard unnamed stream, Ranson Creek, Middle Tyger River, Tyger River, Broad River, Congaree, Marion, Moultrie, Cooper, Charleston Harbor, Atlantic Ocean. They traced it out on a map
    https://river-runner.samlearner.com/

Good stuff. I would have had mine in the indoor cave working on their bat speed
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Good job Glenn. I can't believe you let them run around in the rain like that. They gon' catch cold...

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Thanks for sharing that was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Holy shit.

I dropped a rain drop in Bryson City NC. I watched it go all the way to OH.

First chance I get, I am pissing in a stream in Bryson City so I can by proxy piss on Ohio. If there is enough cover, I might even drop a deuce.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Holy shit.

First chance I get, I am pissing in a stream in Bryson City so I can by proxy piss on Ohio. If there is enough cover, I might even drop a deuce.

I just saw what happens if I take a piss in the creek at my house ... never would have guessed it would end up in the Mississippi River and then all the way to the Gulf.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Good stuff for sure. Old, SC river maps are intriguing to say the least. I used to have a copy of one that also included the names of the indian tribes and their travel corridors that paralleled the rivers.
    The settlement of the Saluda/Broad River area is a very interesting story and worth a read.
    I was just looking at this book yesterday...

https://www.amazon.com/Indian-Nation...d_gw_ci_mcx_mi

I almost got it but I've been purging books lately because my shelves were literally spilling over. It's tough because I develop an emotional attachment to every book I read and every gun I shoot...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

The Historic Santee River watershed goes all the way up to include Greenville, Hickory and Charlotte. The Cooper river drainage was basically Berkeley county SC until the Corps of Engineers diverted the Santee River into the Cooper drainage. Then, Sen. Mendel Rivers diverted it back...some of it anyway...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Yup. The original Cooper river headwaters dead ended below what is now Lake Moultrie.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-27-2022 at 01:42 PM.

I spend a lot of time goofing off in my truck. I used to load the dog and my FIL up and hit the road. (unfortunately I lost both of my riding partners a few months ago)
    This is another of one of my favorite websites I have on my phone with the historical markers in SC.
    Zoom in to the area that you are at and you can locate all of the grey markers in the area and check them out if your inclined to.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...0159895846&z=7

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Holy shit.

That's some strong piss.