Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas School

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    yall want to live in a country where schools look like jails? fences w razor wire and a cop in full riot gear patrolling the perimeter with an AR?

how many school shootings have we had? out of how many schools?
    lock a door and have a central entry point. problem solved.
    True for the most part, but still lots of entry/exit points in a school. Lots of kids/people moving in, out, and throughout. Not to mention, schools with multiple buildings/portables etc. So many variables in regards to schools, there just isn't a blanket solution.

In regards to what your talking about 2th.... Talk to a few Jewish kids that go to schools up North. A lot of Jewish kids end up at the same schools and most if not all of them have heavy fences as well as paid full time guards. Buddy of mine that went to a private school in New Jersey said his school had full time guards as well as heavy fences. Know people that provided money to private schools for security systems and guards. Seems our government has no problem spending money and sending 40 billion to Ukraine. What around 90,000 plus public schools in America.... How much would it cost us to provide security and well trained individuals in schools to protect kids? I understand what you are saying but in reality we have to know that evil exist and no gun control laws will take that away. Sickening to see things like this happen. A well trained guard placed in the school along with a fence and a gate possibly could have prevented..
    Last edited by darealdeal; 05-26-2022 at 01:25 PM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I am still struggling with Test's phrase "...inhibit the inability".
    DILLIGAF

If you think an AR-15 is a more deadly weapon in a confined space than a tactical automatic shotgun, you don't know shit about about guns, and I'm not wasting my time arguing with you.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I probably need to read it again, but I agree with just about everything TEST/Dawhoo says.
    As I read it, he is only talking about some restrictions on purchases. Others are already jumping on the bandwagon against you, I see.

Its very hard to consider things staying like they are. As most of you know, I dont watch the news....but I know what the rhetoric is. Heck, the pregame for the NBA game last night went on about the shooting and how to register to vote. I dont think like that....but its sure how the other side sees it. Its a "republican senator" that is the bad guy. I certainly take offense to those generalizations and agree this isnt a gun issue, but a mental health one.

I still see restrictions for 18yr olds purchasing guns. I am not sure (other than the slippery slope argument) how this could be a bad thing.

Before you start on the "shall not be infringed" BS, slow your roll. I feel certain the founding fathers didnt expect the single musket ball to evolve into a 50capacity magazine held by an 18yr old shooting up a kindergarten. I'd love for those people to come back and tell you people it needs a 21st century revision. Much like being a strict bible person. It has a historical relevance and perspective that you just shouldnt ignore.
    I don't think everyone in the world should be allowed to own a gun
    ie: convicts, crazy people and non-adults
    I don't fall into ether category
    The Constitution may need revising because it was written 200 years ago is a piss poor argument by those
    wanting "to change the rules". Don't cherry pick which amendments based on your personal opinion and agenda.
    Should the Bible be "revised" also, after all it was written a very long time ago?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 05-26-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Boom goes the cock lover

do you really think we own guns to overthrow a tyrannical government?
    Absolutely

Do I think the 2nd has already been infringed?

Absolutely

do you really think we own guns to overthrow a tyrannical government?
    No, we own guns to keep the government from becoming tyrannical...

Which, if you paid attention, is why the government is trying to disarm the citizenry...so they can become tyrannical.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    No, we own guns to keep the government from becoming tyrannical...

Which, if you paid attention, is why the government is trying to disarm the citizenry...so they can become tyrannical.
    Good lord....

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Good lord....
    Explain? You don't think Democrats want to take guns to smooth a path to more government control? You honestly think Democrats care about victims of gun violence? If so, what are democrat run areas such bastions of gun violence? LA, Baltimore, Chicago?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Good lord....

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    The first thing a government does when it wants to control a populace is outlaw guns. If you don’t know this, you don’t know history.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    The first thing a government does when it wants to control a populace is outlaw guns. If you don’t know this, you don’t know history.
    C’mon that’s ridiculous. I bet you can’t even provide a single example…

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Explain? You don't think Democrats want to take guns to smooth a path to more government control? You honestly think Democrats care about victims of gun violence? If so, what are democrat run areas such bastions of gun violence? LA, Baltimore, Chicago?
    Maybe I just don't give a shit because it's not going to happen. Do you know what it would entail to take guns??? It ain't going to happen. I know some of you love to get all into this conspiracy theory stuff so rock on. If it ever happens feel free to tell me you told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post

not going down this rabbit hole with you and your brethren on here. No way in hell guns are outlawed in this country. Ever. I for one will not waste one second worrying about shit like that. If it happens as I said in my earlier post feel free to tell me you told me so.

Maybe I just don't give a shit because it's not going to happen. Do you know what it would entail to take guns??? It ain't going to happen. I know some of you love to get all into this conspiracy theory stuff so rock on. If it ever happens feel free to tell me you told me so.
    Hurricane Katrina

If I had a dollar for all of the things that have happened in the last few years that people want said would never happen in this country....
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    If I had a dollar for all of the things that have happened in the last few years that people want said would never happen in this country....
    Ok, well while you and the rest of the wolverines prepare for the great taking of the guns and the possible invasion I'll keep living my life.

Ok, well while you and the rest of the wolverines prepare for the great taking of the guns and the possible invasion I'll keep living my life.
    There won’t be a “great taking”

Ever heard how to boil a frog?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Or the dog that lost its chain one link at a time?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

ATF already has a billion gun registry… even though there is federal law that prohibits them from maintaining one. it won’t be them that come to collect though. It’ll be the local Leo’s just there to do their job