Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas School

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Just think of the quality security u could fund with 40 billion dollars.
    Yep! This needs to be federally funded. No rental cops.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

As tragic as these shootings are, I hate the idea of focusing on locking down our schools---that's the wrong message to send our kids regarding freedom in this country. Even with the recent cluster of shootings, the chances of you or your kids dying in a shooting are vanishingly small. You and they are in more danger riding to and from school every day. You can make any activity safer---going to school, riding in a car, etc---but you have to ask yourself how much risk you're reducing and what you're giving up (the cost) to lower it. "Because it might save just one life" is never a good rationale for decision-making.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    I'll take ssri in the toxicology report for $1000, Alex.
    absolutely, no doubt about it.

police stood around with their dicks in their hands for 40 fucking minutes hearing gunshots go off, when (according to prior reports) they saw that the gunman was by himself when he ran into the school from crashing his truck.

what the fuck is going on here.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

No words for that.

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    As tragic as these shootings are, I hate the idea of focusing on locking down our schools---that's the wrong message to send our kids regarding freedom in this country. Even with the recent cluster of shootings, the chances of you or your kids dying in a shooting are vanishingly small. You and they are in more danger riding to and from school every day. You can make any activity safer---going to school, riding in a car, etc---but you have to ask yourself how much risk you're reducing and what you're giving up (the cost) to lower it. "Because it might save just one life" is never a good rationale for decision-making.
    there is zero argument against having some sort of automatic access control in every elementary school in america. that's low hanging fruit that we all should be able to agree on and implement.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Any government should have a healthy fear of those it seeks to govern. No revision needed.
    do you really think we own guns to overthrow a tyrannical government?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Simply…you are wrong.

I coulda stopped at “you are wrong,” but I want to make sure you know that attaching your “position of authority” on the subject to your piss poor logic and dangerous opinion won’t float very far with us or anyone else with decent sense for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Ok. You just lost any shred of credibility you may have had. What are you doing on this site when you have zero understanding of basic firearms. You are a troll and a closet leftist lib…go away please.
    I am in no position of authority, nor have I allured to this. I believe i made it very clear in even mentioning my job in how it relates to my experiences, and it is these experiences that shape all of us. Yes I firmly believe values and views can be dynamic. I have no grandiose motive that my views should be shared by all, that is not a free critical thinking society behaves, discourse is good. In fact I would prefer everyone to not think exactly like me, that is boring and inhibits progress whatever you feel progress may be. My opinion on this matter hasn't changed with this recent school shooter, however I decided to share it now as I know people actually are interested in the debate whether they are interest in dissenting view points or not.

Now whether I am a troll that is not for me to decide, but I can promise I am not a liberal. If you aren't allowed to think outside of your parties official stance at times, do you really have any political views at all?

I promised myself once I made my point and the discussion was no longer meaningful I would sign-out again. I have shared my "opinions" as I enjoy others doing as well even when vary from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    talkin about school guards/SRO, lets be honest for a minute. most of the ones I've seen over the years aren't exactly the cream of the law enforcement crop
    I've known some good ones. And some others.

Unfortunately, one of the good ones I know had to take a life in the line of duty while serving in a public school when a student came at him with a big knife. He got sued, the district got sued, but he was vindicated by his wounds. Clear case of self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Test View Post
    I am in no position of authority, nor have I allured to this. I believe i made it very clear in even mentioning my job in how it relates to my experiences, and it is these experiences that shape all of us. Yes I firmly believe values and views can be dynamic. I have no grandiose motive that my views should be shared by all, that is not a free critical thinking society behaves, discourse is good. In fact I would prefer everyone to not think exactly like me, that is boring and inhibits progress whatever you feel progress may be. My opinion on this matter hasn't changed with this recent school shooter, however I decided to share it now as I know people actually are interested in the debate whether they are interest in dissenting view points or not.

Now whether I am a troll that is not for me to decide, but I can promise I am not a liberal. If you aren't allowed to think outside of your parties official stance at times, do you really have any political views at all?

I promised myself once I made my point and the discussion was no longer meaningful I would sign-out again. I have shared my "opinions" as I enjoy others doing as well even when vary from mine.
    You're not a troll. And I appreciate opposing views. I color outside of the lines regarding conservatism a bit myself, ignoring or disagreeing with many talking points. Though we disagree a bit on the AR-15, I'm glad you said what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    no but that is one of the main reasons for the enumerated right.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

can anyone admit that our uninfringeable right to bear arms already has limitations?

can anyone admit that our uninfringeable right to bear arms already has limitations?
    Easy - You are gonna piss off the masses again.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    no but that is one of the main reasons for the enumerated right.
    and I totally agree....however, note my next post. IMO, there will be gun legislation. We need to think what that might be.
    We can yell and scream about mental health and parents....but you arent going to govern them. I wish we could, sometimes.

I'm here, once again, to show the other viewpoint.
    and defend Test, prn

Quote Originally Posted by Test View Post
    The argument is not at all whether banning guns will prevent school shootings, the debate should be whether banning certain type of guns will inhibit the inability to kill large amounts of people quickly before you can be neutralized.
    Well hell, they’re using the wrong weapon to begin with then. Imagine if one of these nutjobs walked into a classroom with a tactical shotgun loaded with buckshot and some speedloaders. Confined, short range space with 9+ projectiles on every shot. We banning shotguns now or buckshot. It doesn’t matter what you do, there is always going to be a way.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Schools have got to be one of the hardest places to make "secure" and still operate for their intended purpose.

yall want to live in a country where schools look like jails? fences w razor wire and a cop in full riot gear patrolling the perimeter with an AR?

how many school shootings have we had? out of how many schools?
    lock a door and have a central entry point. problem solved.

It is all politics now with no solution even sought.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sch...ng-republicans

Yes it does. Pretty much any gun law on books is an infringement.
    Last edited by BuckyTownsend; 05-26-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Well, not only for that… they are fun to plink with and hunt with too. But it is this dude’s reasoning.
    A180F9FB-444D-4DF1-A59B-0EFDBDD7BBFC.jpg
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 05-26-2022 at 01:15 PM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor