Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas School

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Ok. You just lost any shred of credibility you may have had. What are you doing on this site when you have zero understanding of basic firearms. You are a troll and a closet leftist lib…go away please.
    not sticking up for him by any means, as I disagreed with everything he said, but he was around for years as Dawhoo so I wouldn't call him a troll.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

If parent were held liable, they be the first to take measures to make sure their kids don't do this type of stuff. If they think they can't do that, they could find someone to adopt them or make the kid a ward of the state and let him grow up in a military school.

We absolve kids of legal responsibility. That responsibility has to go to someone. The parents are the ones it should be reassigned to. I am legally liable for the things my pets or farm animals do. Why should the rest of society be at risk of kids that not raised well?

You'd see the violent video games languish on the store shelves. Social media would look a lot different. Parents would keep a tight rein on their kids, much like good parents already do.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Doors get left open for parents who are going to attend an awards assembly. Doors also get propped open by teachers too cool to keep their keys in their pocket. There are a many safety compromising actions that on the wrong day can lead to disaster.

Like in sports, you perform in real time like you do in practice. And "we" suck at practicing at safety in our day to day.
    Parents don’t need to see every sticker their kids get and zero tolerance you’re fired on the spot for violating security protocol. It’s like these problems can’t get any more simple to solve.

SRO at my kids school spends his time in the front office with his back to the door leaning over the counter lookin at taters and playing on his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    If parent were held liable, they be the first to take measures to make sure their kids don't do this type of stuff. If they think they can't do that, they could find someone to adopt them or make the kid a ward of the state and let him grow up in a military school.

We absolve kids of legal responsibility. That responsibility has to go to someone. The parents are the ones it should be reassigned to. I am legally liable for the things my pets or farm animals do. Why should the rest of society be at risk of kids that not raised well?

You'd see the violent video games languish on the store shelves. Social media would look a lot different. Parents would keep a tight rein on their kids, much like good parents already do.
    Do you have kids?

Hell, my kids are young (oldest is 9) and I like to think we do a good job raising them, but they have free will and mess up from time to time even when they know it's against what we would want. I was raised in a good home, and I did plenty of stupid stuff around the age of 18 that couldn't be blamed on my upbringing.

If I had a pit bull get loose and kill a dozen kids at an elementary school, would it be appropriate to blame me for it? Why would it not be appropriate to place the responsibility on the parents for a kid doing the same thing?

Doors get left open for parents who are going to attend an awards assembly. Doors also get propped open by teachers too cool to keep their keys in their pocket. There are a many safety compromising actions that on the wrong day can lead to disaster.

Like in sports, you perform in real time like you do in practice. And "we" suck at practicing at safety in our day to day.
    I went to an awards ceremony for my first grader last week. They held it one class at a time and you had to buzz in, sign in, ID scanned and then you were allowed through another locked door. Zero excuses for opening doors these days. I hate to say it but it’s not the same as when we were younger. Times change and people have to adapt to all the crazies. Sucks but it is the way it is.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 05-26-2022 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    If I had a pit bull get loose and kill a dozen kids at an elementary school, would it be appropriate to blame me for it? Why would it not be appropriate to place the responsibility on the parents for a kid doing the same thing?
    So by that analogy I should start feeding my kids out of a bowl on the ground, strap a shock collar on them, and walk them every where on a leash?

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    I went to an awards ceremony for my first grader last week. They held it one class at a time and you had to buzz in, sign in, ID scanned and then you were allowed through another locked door. Zero excuses for opening doors these days. I hate to say it but it’s not the same as when we were younger. Times change and people have to adapt to all the crazies. Sucks but it is the way it is.
    Sounds like they have their act together at that school. Very glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Parents don’t need to see every sticker their kids get and zero tolerance you’re fired on the spot for violating security protocol. It’s like these problems can’t get any more simple to solve.

SRO at my kids school spends his time in the front office with his back to the door leaning over the counter lookin at taters and playing on his phone.
    Yes, loafing while on guard is unacceptable and slack teachers should be in some other line of work. I don't disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum, my son had an awards day this morning, 3rd - 5th grade. We were running a few minutes late and parked at the cafeteria where the program was instead of the front office parking lot. Door was propped wide open and we walked in unnoticed, only people facing where we came in were the kids/faculty on stage about 60' away. If someone walked in with a gun, it would have been a massacre.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum, my son had an awards day this morning, 3rd - 5th grade. We were running a few minutes late and parked at the cafeteria where the program was instead of the front office parking lot. Door was propped wide open and we walked in unnoticed, only people facing where we came in were the kids/faculty on stage about 60' away. If someone walked in with a gun, it would have been a massacre.
    Sounds like you need to have a chat with the school about their security protocols
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Sounds like they have their act together at that school. Very glad to hear it.
    We are very fortunate my daughter got into the school she’s in. It’s a public school but a charter school.
    R. Not

Yes, loafing while on guard is unacceptable and slack teachers should be in some other line of work. I don't disagree.
    talkin about school guards/SRO, lets be honest for a minute. most of the ones I've seen over the years aren't exactly the cream of the law enforcement crop
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

So I’m seeing multiple reports of the cops being there, outside for 40 minutes while this shooting spree was taking place. There were parents outside as well. For forty-fucking-minutes.

#1 - I have no words…I can’t wrap my head around taking 2 minutes to get inside, much less 40.

#2 - you give any adult-sized human 40 minutes and a hammer, and they could kill lots and lots of elementary school kids.

If this is true, this is truly sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Just think of the quality security u could fund with 40 billion dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    So I’m seeing multiple reports of the cops being there, outside for 40 minutes while this shooting spree was taking place. There were parents outside as well. For forty-fucking-minutes.

#1 - I have no words…I can’t wrap my head around taking 2 minutes to get inside, much less 40.

#2 - you give any adult-sized human 40 minutes and a hammer, and they could kill lots and lots of elementary school kids.

Man I sure hope this is wrong... If not I'm with you. It's sickening

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Just think of the quality security u could fund with 40 billion dollars.
    Or the whole 54 billion…

Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post

Those people are cowards, they suck, they’ll have to live with the knowledge that they suck and the redicule, and they might even be held responsible somehow. Seems like some of the parkland cops had a hard time afterwards, and they deserved all of it. Broward County is prosecuting that Peterson coward with 11 charges of neglect of a child, culpable negligence, and perjury. So apparently, he’s a liar, too.

I'll take ssri in the toxicology report for $1000, Alex.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ne-man-ground/