Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunflower Reports

Default Sunflower Reports

Wanting to know how everyone's sunflowers are looking. For the first time ever I'm having to replant. Had the worst germination rate I have every seen. Everyone around my area is having the same issue. We all planted Clearfield seeds. I know its been dry but wondering if it is a seed problem. Let me know how you are looking in your neck of the woods.

I'm not about to jinx myself.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I'm not about to jinx myself.
    Lol. I understand!

We planted, got a little bit of rain that day and I dont think we've had any till this week. Im hoping a shower or two in that two week time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by ducribb View Post
    Wanting to know how everyone's sunflowers are looking. For the first time ever I'm having to replant. Had the worst germination rate I have every seen. Everyone around my area is having the same issue. We all planted Clearfield seeds. I know its been dry but wondering if it is a seed problem. Let me know how you are looking in your neck of the woods.
    My buddy has replanted 4 fields due to poor germ, ours look great. Deer are being a pain in the ass also.

In the ground now but haven’t checked yet for germ.. another couple days before I can get back to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Just planted Saturday b/c of work conflicts. Started raining shortly after I finished so hoping for some luck.

Planted Clearfields on May 7th. Combination of Dual Magnum and Spartan Charge went down that same afternoon. No rain on a very dry seedbed until May 23rd. I am not optimistic. I’ll know by Friday. We will not replant sunflower. Might end up with brown top millet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Struggle bus
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Last edited by Ishootwinchester; 05-24-2022 at 06:42 PM.

I'm gonna go ahead and cancel all September hunts and hope for late season corn doves

Email addy still the same? Asking for my secret dove club.

I had a very long dry spell last year after planting and was certain it baked all the seed in the ground for almost a month. I replanted and about a week later, everything popped up, from both the first and second plantings. Crooked double rows crisscrossing everywhere. Sunflower seed can take a pretty long dry wait for rain.

278E8820-97B0-45A3-9010-36D06A94BB47.jpg These No till flowers did the best for me so far. The ones I planted on flat tilled ground I replanted and are just coming out the ground.
    Plant it they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Email addy still the same? Asking for my secret dove club.
    Correct 420meatrocket69@hotmail

On The Gram @buttfucker3000

Quote Originally Posted by ducribb View Post
    When did you plant? I didn't get around to planting until last Thursday. Im glad I waited because we got rain Saturday and Monday so hoping for good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    When did you plant? I didn't get around to planting until last Thursday. Im glad I waited because we got rain Saturday and Monday so hoping for good results.
    I planted May 7th.

I had to replant this year and it wasn’t because of poor germination (although germination wasn’t great). It was because I did something dumb. I got distracted and did not do as good of a job as I should have washing and flushing the glyphosate out of my sprayer after spraying corn. Few days later went to spray my dual magnum and Spartan cocktail on my sunflowers and toasted the entire field. I’m talking burnt up brown crispy flowers within 5 hrs after spraying. Field looked like it had been burned down with Gramoxone. Tough lesson to learn.

I replanted the next day and everything looks good so far.

Damn glad I spent the money to fence field with hot wires last year. The deer pressure is serious again this year but fence is keeping them out of the flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    I had to replant this year and it wasn’t because of poor germination (although germination wasn’t great). It was because I did something dumb. I got distracted and did not do as good of a job as I should have washing and flushing the glyphosate out of my sprayer after spraying corn. Few days later went to spray my dual magnum and Spartan cocktail on my sunflowers and toasted the entire field. I’m talking burnt up brown crispy flowers within 5 hrs after spraying. Field looked like it had been burned down with Gramoxone. Tough lesson to learn.

I replanted the next day and everything looks good so far.

Damn glad I spent the money to fence field with hot wires last year. The deer pressure is serious again this year but fence is keeping them out of the flowers.

You sprayed Spartan and Dual over the top of sunflowers....emerged?
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....