Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camden/Lugoff Mens Church Groups or or just mens groups in general

Default Camden/Lugoff Mens Church Groups or or just mens groups in general

Guys…I am currently going through a major shift in my life and find myself looking for a group of like minded folks that may provide some networking and also support at times. To break it down in its simplest form i am looking for some pals…no passion…just a good group of guys that may or may not enjoy a cold beer from time to time! This…by the way…is the value that I see in this forum!! Now let the shit talking commence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

You've set yourself up.
    Last edited by Huntinjunkie; 05-24-2022 at 03:40 AM.

The Huddle at Village Church in Blythewood. Group has grown tremendously over the past 3 years, unfortunately we just broke for the summer.Feel free to PM me for more information. Lot of Camden/ Lugoff folks attend and it meets on Monday nights at 6:30- we even feed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    You've set yourself up.
    Na,

Sounds like ole boy is just looking for a positive like-minded peer group to help get him through some stuff in life. Nobody around here is going to fault or make fun of him for that.

You ain’t been around this place long enough to know the kind of good folks we really got around here.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

How old are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    How old are you?
    Too old to be coming on a duck hunting forum and asking for friends hahaha but here I am…36

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Na,

Sounds like ole boy is just looking for a positive like-minded peer group to help get him through some stuff in life. Nobody around here is going to fault or make fun of him for that.

You ain’t been around this place long enough to know the kind of good folks we really got around here.
    That’s my hope but I’m sure there will be some folks that want to talk crap.

You would be in the upper age group but the Camden Jaycee's is a good group of guys. There are a couple members including myself on here that were involved with that group. I'm not really around anymore since I moved to the coast but I stay in the loop regarding the barbecue tournament we started several years ago. If you would like some contact info feel free to pm me.
    Last edited by willk; 05-24-2022 at 06:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

In Lugoff, I'd check out a field that holds cows.. Go there around dusk, there should be some guys waiting around to go "tipping". I kid. I'm friends with Nutz, so there.

Like Willk said, the Jaycees usually are a pretty good crowd. They hang around every couple of weeks and do whatever and drink beer, they might still grill steaks, at least we did.. but that was like a dozen years ago for me. I think the guy that works for me might be president. I'm not really sure, I do know they had a meeting last Thursday. We used to shut down during the summer, or right after the Cup, but they might still be at it. I'll ask him when he pops into work tomorrow.

The younger crowd these days seem to be as social as my crowd used to be, it goes in waves in this town.

I do my best to be not around though, or really hang out.. I hang out with one group every couple of weeks for a steak, and that's about the only time I leave my house around dark. I mean if you played golf, we've got a good group. They do a lot with the "social group" or what have you at the club..

I'll make fun of you....if that's what you need.

I'd start outside the downtown Traders location. Fridays are best. Grab you a half pint of vodka and you will certainly meet people.

That being said, we have ALL been through something. Finding some support makes you feel like you aint the only one.

Good luck in your quest....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have been part of a group for a while but I can’t speak about it or they will take me out.

In all seriousness best of luck and no doubt putting yourself out to ask takes courage around here. Dc is right though, there are great folks in here that help in any way necessary.

If you don’t mind the drive to chapin I’d be happy to burn you a deer burger one evening. I’m not much of a drinker anymore more but I could manage a beer or two at most.

I’m editing to add this as I think it could be relevant. I have been friends with a guy since 1998. Him and I have done everything together from hunting to fishing to drinking and carrying on into the late hours. It’s been a fun ride with him but at some point you must grow up. I have been at that point for a long time now and he tries hard to get there. He doesn’t take advice well and as of late the addiction to things has taken its toll on our friendship. His addictions and justification of pain for medicine has escalated beyond what I can handle as a friend and I had my breaking point the other night. Without going into a lot of detail i said he overstepped his boundaries as a friend and my family is my priority, not him. This was a long time coming and I hate it for the both of us. He needs help I can’t give and I’ve told him he is spiraling down and needs help. Separating yourself from friends to better yourself or distance yourself to stay in the right path can be tough. People can need help a lot, in a lot of ways, Some will get it. Unfortunately some never get it or want it.
    Last edited by beanhunter; 05-24-2022 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I'll make fun of you....if that's what you need.

I'd start outside the downtown Traders location. Fridays are best. Grab you a half pint of vodka and you will certainly meet people.

That being said, we have ALL been through something. Finding some support makes you feel like you aint the only one.

Good luck in your quest....
    I rest my case squirrel cutter

I’m sure Camden has an F3 group.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

yeah but that involves running and shit.

and ecu2, notice i didnt make fun of him but i offered my services if needed.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I’m sure Camden has an F3 group.
    I actually joined the gym in lugoff yesterday and start with a trainer tomorrow

They do, I've got a good group of friends in it.. I see them skipping around down town in the mornings when I'm between stores. Most are around my age, there's a couple around Q's age.

yeah but that involves running and shit.

and ecu2, notice i didnt make fun of him but i offered my services if needed.
    My bad I guess I skipped right over the if needed part

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    I rest my case squirrel cutter
    You can't take stuff so personal, bubba. DC's point was completely valid.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Have enjoyed F3 down here, good place to start. Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith.

Started in early Feb.

Wish I had found it 5 years ago.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.