Thread: Last 50 years of mortgage rates....

Default Last 50 years of mortgage rates....

Crazy to look at what its been, then see where it is now and the problems we're experiencing right now as a direct result....

https://www.freddiemac.com/pmms/pmms30

crazy that rates were above 10% for most of the 1980's.

last year was the prime time for people to re-finance and get that rate locked in. we won't see rates that low for a long damn time, if ever.

housing market is due for a huge correction.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

16-17% interest rate back in '82....Just plain crazy.

Put that into perspective with todays home values... AVG homesale in Chas/Tricounty area "was" around 380k. Todays rate would be a $2200/month payment. At 1982's rate, that same note would have been $5050/month....granted, values would be negatively affected, but the gist is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

last year was the prime time for people to re-finance and get that rate locked in. we won't see rates that low for a long damn time, if ever.

I'm sure you are correct and believe it's happening in and around cities and some democratic run states but the problem we are facing now is different than it was in 2008. Then was bad lending practices. Now it's just lack of inventory and people moving in from democratic states with stupid fu money and overpaying for whatever they can get their hands on. You would have thought lumber prices would have put a hold on some of this stuff but it didn't. People just kept on building and paying higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post

We refi’d in the fall of 2021. Rates we’re good but had already started upward. Good thing is we went from a 30 to a 20 year note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr