Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Insurance? State Farm gone woke

walk it back, state farm. dont use any of biden's people for this. they suck at it.

another knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction. all you people need to calm down and just be you. this is a FAD and will stop.

plus, its too damn much trouble to change insurance. stick with bobby and try to smile a little.

oh and teach your kids shit so they dont have to learn from stupid people.
    (and cell phones are the devil)

hope this helps
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

“State Farm’s support of a philanthropic program, GenderCool, has been the subject of news and customer inquiries. This program that included books about gender identity was intended to promote inclusivity,” the email, obtained by Libs of TikTok, read. “We will no longer support that program.

“Conversations about gender and identity should happen at home with parents. We don’t support required curriculum in schools on this topic. We support organizations providing resources for parents to have these conversations.”

In response, I have truly decided to (at this point in my life) to totally vote with my wallet ... It's the most effective vote I have ... If it's insurance, vehicles, refrigerators, TV's or whatever ... I'll do my research and decide ... Won't replace what I already have, that money is already spent ... But it will highly affect what I do in the future.

It's only one vote, but I'ts the hill I'll die on in the hopes that my grandkids will be void of this woke shit.

The problem I see with the world is too damn many people have gotten too passive and decided to let this kinda stuff be somebody else's problem.

I would like to think that we've all got some ancestors that would have shut this down immediately ... I damn sure know I do.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    “State Farm’s support of a philanthropic program, GenderCool, has been the subject of news and customer inquiries. This program that included books about gender identity was intended to promote inclusivity,” the email, obtained by Libs of TikTok, read. “We will no longer support that program.

“Conversations about gender and identity should happen at home with parents. We don’t support required curriculum in schools on this topic. We support organizations providing resources for parents to have these conversations.”
    This reply and stance is great, but if Jose isn't fired on the spot it's all smoke.

Bobby is right that it's the agents who get hurt, so those 10,000 need to make it absolutely clear that Jose and his agenda isn't welcome, along with anyone else who supports him and his cause. I was considering changing to SF next year, but what happens here will make a difference.

Good luck, Bobby...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I was considering changing to SF next year, but what happens here will make a difference.
    I've been with SF for 20+ years, but how they react to this will determine whether I stay or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    walk it back, state farm. dont use any of biden's people for this. they suck at it.

another knee jerk reaction to a knee jerk reaction. all you people need to calm down and just be you. this is a FAD and will stop.

plus, its too damn much trouble to change insurance. stick with bobby and try to smile a little.

hope this helps
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    State Farm Mutual is owned by the policyholders,.....not stockholders.

If you are a policy holder, feel free to write a letter to the Chairman of the Board with your concerns.

Michael L. Tipsord.
    1 State Farm Plaza, Bloomington, IL 61701, USA

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    This will right the ship quick & in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

hope this helps
    I could try and wax poetic about why I won't cancel all my policies but the reality is I have not the time nor the desire to search for political purity among all the goods and services I use for my family or the people I employ. If I did I'd be jobless, with no home, no food and nekkid. And nobody needs to see a hungry homeless nekkid version of me. Ever.

How many disney trips we got planned on this site this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Hell, little Brentsden and Dakota won't be able to get near the rides they wanted there will be so many kids in front of them...

So much knee-jerking. Thought most of the people on here were (decently sensible) adults.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I could try and wax poetic about why I won't cancel all my policies but the reality is I have not the time nor the desire to search for political purity among all the goods and services I use for my family or the people I employ. If I did I'd be jobless, with no home, no food and nekkid. And nobody needs to see a hungry homeless nekkid version of me. Ever.

I've got a 3 day trip to Disney set up, not looking forward to it except to see my kids enjoy it. I also have State Farm, I'll only cancel my policies if the local office comes out supporting this, or if my rates go up for some unrelated matter.

My wife and I talk about this a good bit. We do everything we can to shop locally, buy American, etc. But if you want to go down the rabbit hole of 'canceling' every 'woke' brand you utilize the process would be never ending. Add to that the fact that local, good people who work for these companies are the one's who will be the only ones who actually be negatively impacted, not the executives who make those decisions.
    Formerly DM88

At least you'd have time to work on a proper base tan..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    At least you'd have time to work on a proper base tan..
    True. I look like a half gallon of whole milk right now.

haha

I will never be caught going on a Disney trip. I would rather slam my head into a wall a 1000 times before going to Disney. If my kids want to go they can take their kids to heck with that. This choice was made way before all this happened. I have never been and can not see myself being talked into going. Good thing is my wife had what she calls a traumatic experience on her one and only trip when she was a child so she does not want to go either. Nothing against FL but I would rather go fishing than a trip to Disney.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

True. I look like a half gallon of whole milk right now.
    I look like a watered down gallon of tru moo. Summer time be hard on a fat kid doing roofing
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

And im sending my wife and kids to Disney in September while I go bear hunting in Maine. One of my life goals is to never cross the threshold of that demonic place again
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    I will never be caught going on a Disney trip. I would rather slam my head into a wall a 1000 times before going to Disney. If my kids want to go they can take their kids to heck with that. This choice was made way before all this happened. I have never been and can not see myself being talked into going. Good thing is my wife had what she calls a traumatic experience on her one and only trip when she was a child so she does not want to go either. Nothing against FL but I would rather go fishing than a trip to Disney.
    Well the point of the Disney comment wasn't exactly about Disney, per se. We all have these convenient hills on which we choose to die that most of the time don't really require any sacrifice on our part. We just move to a different company, store, product and our life doesn't change and neither does the life of whoever we're boycotting. Included in that are things we do, places we go and products we use that SHOULD be boycotted but we rationalize our positions on those to justify continuing to participate with those companies.

This "I'm done with so and so" is just internet fodder and comes with no real sacrifice so nobody has to actually show their cards. They get to keep playing the game without the risk of losing something, like insurance on a home of vehicle etc. But if they truly want political purity then they would be uninsured, medically and property wise, and do without a LOT of conveniences they just aren't going to do without.

So it makes for a good political rant, ala Trey Gowdy, with no real action as a result, ala Trey Gowdy.

But yeah, Disney sucks and I'm not going.

Dang, Glenda comin' with that fiya' today; who got you so riled-up?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master