Thread: JIF recall

Default JIF recall

J.M. Smucker is recalling some Jif peanut butter products due to salmonella

By Ramishah Maruf, CNN

J.M. Smucker is recalling certain types of Jif peanut butter in the U.S. because of a potential salmonella contamination.

The company said that the peanut butter was sold nationwide and the recall includes more than 45 kinds of products. They have lot codes between 1274425 to 2140425, the company said in a statement. The lot code is next to the "best if used by" date on the product's packaging.

The affected products include both creamy and crunchy peanut butters, peanut butter to-go packs, and the natural squeeze pouch.

Customers should discard the product immediately if it is included in the recall, which is being conducted with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

J.M. Smucker said it's not able to estimate the recall's financial impact for the fiscal year that ended on April 30 or the current fiscal year 2023, but will provide that information once it's available.

Customers who have had a reaction and symptoms, or have any questions, should visit the company's website Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/jif-pe...nella/40066562

Both my jars are in that recall. Can’t afford groceries as it is, much less having to throw away hyper inflated food products. Refund? No. It was a multi pack with no proof of where we bought it.

Great, I got a big jar also
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I opened a new jar last Monday. I woke up at 2am violently throwing up and proceeded to until 8 am. I had to get IV fluids because I could not keep anything down. Felt better and took it easy. Turned into diarrhea and some more vomiting through Thursday night/ Friday morning. Then I saw this and looked at my jar- in the recall.

Was not fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Aw George. Not the peanut butter.

Been half a dozen or so national recalls on peanut butter in the last few year. What gives? it is a basic product without perishable ingredients.

We had a few jars. Purchased them at Costco. They called to tell us that we had some the affected jars.

We had been eating out of one. No Ill effects although we routine eat unwashed chicken eggs so hopefully that helped us out.

Checked ours this morning. We good.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Just checked ours. It is in the range of recalled lot #s. It’s half empty and no one has had issues, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Barrels View Post
    Just checked ours. It is in the range of recalled lot #s. It’s half empty and no one has had issues, yet.
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by CreekGeek View Post
    we routine eat unwashed chicken eggs so hopefully that helped us out.
    Same here
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid