Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fanning turkeys

he's a known photoshopper. caveat emptor
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Reaping a turkey without a gun would be as much fun as killing one any other way.

They need to have a video contest on how close(including grabbing them by the feet) a person can get without harming the bird.

I quit turkey hunting many years ago, but catch and release sounds fun.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I can imagine the gobblers talking to each other during such action.

"He ain't got a gun, Tommy. Spur 'im in the nuts!"

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I think the real problem is does killing them. I got this one on a trail cam right before she bit its head off.

Attachment 75117
    So what you sayin is you got a pic of a deer with a turkey in its mouth?
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

They are voracious birdetarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You’re part of the problem. You do nothing for turkeys other than run your mouth on the internet about bullshit. You know it to, so how many did you watch die? 10? 15? 20?
    I see he in no way responded to the question about how many birds he watched die. Telling

Quote Originally Posted by lml View Post
    I see he in no way responded to the question about how many birds he watched die. Telling
    If you must know the number was 8 over 4 counties. Only one tract of land I hunt had more than one bird taken off it and that one tract only had 2 taken off it. Of those 8, 4 came off land I hunt and 4 off others. Of the 4 off others 3 of the tracts only had one bird taken out that flock for the year (the bird I was responsible for). I don't think that is hurting the population. As I stated before, I left far more than I watched die. When it comes to a turkey, you'll be hard pressed to find someone more anal about the population and well being of the bird than me. As much grief as I get from some of these guys some of them can vouch for that. Just because someone is in the woods virtually every spring morning doesn't mean turkeys are dying. You may want to bark up another tree.

Anal.

To decrease harvest, there's really only two options: 1) Reduce tag allotment/season length. 2) Make harvest more difficult through methods of take.

Maybe yall should set up a poll and have SCducks vote on it. Submit the results to Ducktape so he can do the exact opposite and call it a win. Then, at least, only half of yall will be butthurt and we can go on to something else.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Hilarious…true, but damn funny.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by lml View Post
    This post consisted of 20 "I's"

Let that sink in.
    Damn…he was called out as a problem that does nothing for turkeys. How is he supposed to respond to that and defend himself without talking about what he does to support turkey hunting and populations? Hard to fo that without using the word “I.” Dammit. We can disagree and discuss Without getting personal and nasty, right?!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I'm about ready for turkeys to go extinct so I don't have to keep reading this shit.
    Ain't no shit!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

I’ve killed exactly 2 with a fan. One in Florida in 2014 and one in Clarendon County in 2018. It works, and both were enjoyable. I’m not sure we should be telling folks how to hunt, but I do think I’d rather get rid of fanning, and save some birds that are killed by folks that otherwise couldn’t kill one, than have to lower limits. Lower limits and shortened seasons are coming.

As a note, out west a few days ago, a guy that had never fanned one did so without a weapon. Five gobblers came roughly 200 yards in 38 seconds to inside of 5 yards. Even when he dropped the fan, the birds were so confused that they wouldn’t leave. His words, “Man that was intense, but it just isn’t fair”

I’m working on a great season recap for SW
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I’m not sure we should be telling folks how to hunt, but I do think I’d rather get rid of fanning, and save some birds that are killed by folks that otherwise couldn’t kill one, than have to lower limits
    It may not be how you meant it but to a lot of people that will come across as you want to restrict how other people kill turkeys, under the guise of conservation, but you’re really not willing to sacrifice the number of birds you can kill yourself in order to save the turkey population.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    It may not be how you meant it but to a lot of people that will come across as you want to restrict how other people kill turkeys, under the guise of conservation, but you’re really not willing to sacrifice the number of birds you can kill yourself in order to save the turkey population.
    It is how I meant it. A man should possess some level of skill to kill a duck, turkey, sqwerl, or whatever. We are going to have to kill less turkeys if we want more turkeys down the road. Yes, I have cut back the number that I kill (in SC and other states), in addition to putting time and financial resources into managing the properties that I can help with.

If it comes across that I don’t think a person in blue jeans and a t shirt should be able to be attacked by a field turkey behind a scoot n shoot, at the expense of shortened seasons and lower limits, then, perfect.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Glad you were saying exactly what you meant,

I guess maybe you just have more of a diplomatic approach than some of the anti-fanning crowd and it threw me off a little
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...