Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Homeschool Awakening

Everyone I know who was or is homeschooled either still live with their parents, folded up like a cheap suit once they hit the real world, or took a hard 180 once they were exposed. Those are the only things keeping me from homeschooling ours.

That said I'm sure a lot of that could be blamed on the parents lack of getting them involved in other social activities.

Talk to your kids when they get home. Like really talk to them. Wear their ass out when they need it, love on them when they need it. Teach them right from wrong and most importantly keep them in church. The rest will take care of itself. Or it won't. You ain't in control, as much as you think you are.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I just never met a home school kid growing up that wasn't a fuckin weirdo.
    Ha. I thought the same thing when I read the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a significant amount of experience with private school education. While homeschooling can be good most kids usually lack social skills that are needed in real life.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

So many facts.

Your nerdy homeschool kids are missing out!

We have been happy with the Veritas school in Greenville for our middle schooler. She goes to school like college. Three days of classes, two home days, one of the home days is teacher's hours. We don't teach anything as parents, she goes in for help during office hours for that.
    They have a short chappel on Wed morning, she plays in 2 sports there. It has been great for her.
    Last edited by DJP; 06-02-2022 at 06:35 AM.

Send a home school kid to college & see how they like being on their own. Momma ain’t there for them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Send a home school kid to college & see how they like being on their own. Momma ain’t there for them anymore.
    I know several kids that were homeschooled that thrived in college. All depends on the kid and how you raise them
    Last edited by Remy; 06-02-2022 at 05:15 AM.

My nephews are homeschooled and they’re awkward. The oldest is now 16 and is hard to have a conversation with. They play sports, take music lessons and the coop style stuff but they’re still wierd. I fear real life will hit them square in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    I will put JP’s kids up against any homeschool fallacy that anyone may have. They didn’t need their momma, and are as good as it gets.

My wife is the hardest dam teacher out there for our kid. She didn’t quit on the 180 days required, kept on pushing. 2 days a week at Co-op and 3 days at the house. She is relentless. I have an 8 year old that knows about Jesus, is learning cursive hand writing, will walk up to a Veteran on the street and thank him for his service, and is reading at 3 grade levels up. He is a good kid, but he isn’t Elon Musk smart. It is all about the effort that you apply.

amen to that, KQ!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and I'm not sure how jp's kids turned out as good as they did....

The world would be a better place if more children were homeschooled like JP’s boys. Those are three of the most impressive young men I have ever seen.

lets not go too far. he's still a lawyer

At our church preschool (a conservative Methodist church in Columbia where we attend and my wife teaches Sunday school), my 5 year old had a girl in his class whose parents announced has had “gender dysphoria” since she was two. They call her a “boy” and “big brother” at home. I dare you to try to pick her out of the class picture.

What would y’all have done about it?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

This was my homeschoolers field trip yesterday.

85D3C1BB-DF9E-42D5-B53F-F160B35238A8.jpg
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    At our church preschool (a conservative Methodist church in Columbia where we attend and my wife teaches Sunday school), my 5 year old had a girl in his class whose parents announced has had “gender dysphoria” since she was two. They call her a “boy” and “big brother” at home. I dare you to try to pick her out of the class picture.

What would y’all have done about it?
    I would think that a Private Christian run preschool would be telling the student that her parents were wrong and that she was in fact born a girl and is a girl. If the parents have a problem with this then they can take their child to a different learning institution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.