Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Homeschool Awakening

The "home schooled kids are weird" argument is assanine.

I know lot of people that started their kids at home or in co-ops, then moved them into schools (both public and private) when they reached middle school. A lot of those kids are now in high school or recently graduated and the vast majority of them are just as outgoing and socially comfortable as any other kid that's been in school since kindergarten. I also know a bunch of kids that went to school from day one that are bigger weirdos than some exclusively homeschooled kids.

PS - Public schools are in the toilet. Either send your kids to private school or homeschool them. If I had small children those would be the only two options I'd be considering. Even if I lived in a so called "good" public school district, the possibility of sending them to public wouldn't even be in the conversation.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I read these debates with a smirk and a chuckle. A homeschooled kid is only as limited as their parent's imagination and dedication, just as a public schooled kid is only as indoctrinated as their parents permit them to be. Successful homeschooling is a way of life. Two of my 3 homeschooled kids have received the Palmetto Scholars Scholarship and the 2nd just got accepted to Palmetto Boys State. They all played varsity sports since 9th or 10th grade can carry-on a conversation better than many adults you meet. The return on your investment with your children is directly related to the time and attention you give them, regardless of where their formal education is obtained.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    I read these debates with a smirk and a chuckle. A homeschooled kid is only as limited as their parent's imagination and dedication, just as a public schooled kid is only as indoctrinated as their parents permit them to be. Successful homeschooling is a way of life. Two of my 3 homeschooled kids have received the Palmetto Scholars Scholarship and the 2nd just got accepted to Palmetto Boys State. They all played varsity sports since 9th or 10th grade can carry-on a conversation better than many adults you meet. The return on your investment with your children is directly related to the time and attention you give them, regardless of where their formal education is obtained.
    Amen. My oldest will be at Boys State as well, he's looking forward to it
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

They been in the toilet but we all still gotta pay for all these new schools regardless and it sucks
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We know. You tell us every time this comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    It was in the second grade when my new friend taught me this neat little ditty:

You titty suckin motherfuckin two timin bitch
    You mess around with me you get your damn ass kicked
    Nice song
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Nice song
    It's pretty catchy. Stuck in my brain 47 years.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    SW, you're in top 5 of coolest people in the place, so don't take any of this offensively.

If I remember correctly, you are former Jdubs? Meaning the homeschoolers you knew also had that to contend with? If that's the case, that may have skewed the perception a bit on the true source of the problem and again, the resources available and understanding of the pitfalls has come a long way.

Kids definitely need exposure to social difficulties, learning how to deal effectively with different personality types, and what I call emotional hardening, to be ready to deal with the realities of life. The issue, imo, is that they are thrown into this before they're old enough to have developed the emotional intelligence, their own sense of self, self-worth, confidence, to be unaffected by the lord of the flies environment or the social programming created by the leftest in charge of education. They should be exposed, no doubt, methodically and incrementally.
    To me, that is the biggest problem with public school. Kids get exposed to too much too fast. It's not sheltering your kids to not want your 7 year old to learn about sex and other liberal non-sense. They're just not psychologically ready to deal with all that.
    Last edited by Remy; 05-20-2022 at 02:16 PM.

Y’all keep those boys in place at girls state place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Y’all keep those boys in place at girls state place.

Were you homeschooled?

It might would help explain your English and typing skills??
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 05-20-2022 at 02:55 PM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Hot fires make strong steel. I don’t think home school is the solution. Unless you want to do it, then by all means go for it. But It is far from a representation of the real world. I don’t care what anyone says, Put 100 20yo kids in front of me and tell me 10 did homeschool. I’ll be able to tell you which 10 in less than an hour. The public school system has its flaws, but it’s still a good system.

Most that are doing a co-op are just sending their kids to “class” with other parents who think exactly how they do. You aren’t going to be able to give them a diverse overview of how the world works in that system. There are going to be people they encounter that have a different view on things in a public school setting, and that’s ok. You gotta teach em how to stand up at home.

Ben Shapiro grew up in Berkley if you ever wondered how he became one of the better conservative pundits out there…

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Were you homeschooled?

It might would help explain your English and typing skills??
    No. My daughter is attending girls.

Most home school advocates need two incomes..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    No. My daughter is attending girls.

Most home school advocates need two incomes..

Got ya
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Hot fires make strong steel. I don’t think home school is the solution. Unless you want to do it, then by all means go for it. But It is far from a representation of the real world. I don’t care what anyone says, Put 100 20yo kids in front of me and tell me 10 did homeschool. I’ll be able to tell you which 10 in less than an hour. The public school system has its flaws, but it’s still a good system.

Most that are doing a co-op are just sending their kids to “class” with other parents who think exactly how they do. You aren’t going to be able to give them a diverse overview of how the world works in that system. There are going to be people they encounter that have a different view on things in a public school setting, and that’s ok. You gotta teach em how to stand up at home.

Ben Shapiro grew up in Berkley if you ever wondered how he became one of the better conservative pundits out there…
    Would you send your 13 year old daughter to a Clemson sorority/frat party? I'm not against public school at all and think it can be a decent option. But, there are definite downsides in 2022 of doing so.

Do you really think it is in the best interest of a five year old child to get a 'diverse overview of how the world works'?
    Formerly DM88

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post

Do you really think it is in the best interest of a five year old child to get a 'diverse overview of how the world works'?
    Formerly DM88

Yeah, y’all keep telling yourself public education isn’t fucked…..

Do they have home schooled sports or do they want to play public sports?

When I think of the teachers I learned the most from Ms. Leland, Ms. Seay and Ms. Johnston, I still remember the lessons they taught me 45 to 50 years ago. I also remember they never once mentioned whether they were married, if they had kids and certainly never mentioned their sexual orientation or sexual preferences. They darn sure didn't ask me to explore my gender identity.

They just taught math and science and language arts and they did it well.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

My wife was homeschooled up until middle/high school age. She is WAY more normal than I am.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14