Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starbuck strikers

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    $0.00 get you free coffee as often as you like at the BP down the road from me if you’re a Veteran/LEO/Fire/Rescue/Etc.
    I just assumed any gas station worth a damn offered that discount to the people you mentioned. I was pointing that out for us lesser folks.

I was in a Wendy’s in Conway last week picking up a mobile order and there was a city officer in front of me placing an order. The high school kid working as a cashier said “$11.89” or something close to it. I’m happy to report the ol’ gal who was the manager quickly ran to the register and said, “I’m sorry. This is _______’s first day. I forgot to tell him we don’t charge our officers and fire fighters.”

It gave me hope.

Hell yeah, I like seeing that. Ought to be like that.

Yeah, most stores are like the BP station here if you’re in uniform.

Waffle House gives 10% off to veterans. MY waitress is the only one that gives it to me, but I don’t ask or point it out when others wait on me. I probably should, but it feels awkward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Hell yeah, I like seeing that. Ought to be like that.

Yeah, most stores are like the BP station here if you’re in uniform.

Waffle House gives 10% off to veterans. MY waitress is the only one that gives it to me, but I don’t ask or point it out when others wait on me. I probably should, but it feels awkward to me.
    Same. Never ask for any veterans discounts. I mean. How do they know I’m not lying? Are they checking DD 214’s? How do they know if I was in Vietnam or not?

I bought Dunkin Donut k-cups today because of yall's peer pressure.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

My house is very close to there. I ride by it often. I saw them outside Friday and I thought they were having a car wash.