Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The State of College Football

He was talking to his boosters as much as the NCAA.

Within 12 months, Alabama will have a trust set up to pay players enough that they will take a pay cut to go pro early.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I agree. It sounded like a call to action.

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-foo...o-fisher-40117

It just means more.

The SEC conference issued a public reprimand on Wednesday night for the recent war of words between Alabama head coach Nick Saban and Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher.

"The membership of the Southeastern Conference has established expectations for conduct and sportsmanship that were not met last night nor today," Sankey said in a press release. "A hallmark of the SEC is intense competition within an environment of collaboration. Public criticism of any kind does not resolve issues and creates a distraction from seeking solutions for the issues facing college athletics today. There is tremendous frustration concerning the absence of consistent rules from state to state related to name, image and likeness. We need to work together to find solutions and that will be our focus at the upcoming SEC Spring Meetings."

It added the following slap of the wrist to the coaches.

"As a result of public comments made on May 18 by Alabama head coach Nick Saban, a public reprimand is issued for comments he made in violation of SEC Bylaws 10-2.3 and 10.5.2 related to Ethical Conduct for derogatory comments and public criticism of another institution's athletics program.

"As a result of public comments made on May 19 by Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher, a public reprimand is issued for comments he made in violation of SEC Bylaws 10.5.2 related to Ethical Conduct for public criticism of another institution's athletics program."

During an event in Birmingham on Wednesday night, Saban called out fellow SEC school Texas A&M for buying their top-ranked signing class.

"I mean, we were second in recruiting last year," Saban told the audience. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team -- made a deal for name, image, and likeness. We didn't buy one player, all right? But I don't know if we're going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it. It's tough."

Fisher went on to respond that his team has never broken any rules or bought a player.

"You're taking shots at 17-year-old kids and their families that they broke state laws, that we bought every player in this group," Fisher said. "We never bought anybody. No rules were broken, nothing was done wrong. These families, it's despicable that a reputable head coach can come out and say this when he doesn't get his way or things don't go his way."

Jimbo has made comments about the NIL being around before the real NIL deal was in place. He tried to make it like Saban was trashing the kids.

What Saban said was all true. All the way down to Jacksonville State, and then Primetime threw the race card. Jimbo will have one hell of a time managing 70 million dollars worth of freshman with the Transfer Portal in place.

Little Nicky knows oil money > Bama Boosters. Damn shame college football has become this mess. I really enjoyed watching and keeping up with it.

In 10 years college football and basketball will be a 60 school league that will be more or less semi pro. The NCAA is and has been a joke for a while, and there has become too much money involved to pretend that these teams and kids have anything to do with a college.

I have found better ways to spend my Saturday that belong in the America thread and not the sports forum. I’m glad Clemson got some while the getting was still good.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

You'r right, I think it is going to be a huge advantage for the the top revenue teams in the bigger market areas and make it tough on the smaller schools who has less revenue, I am a clemson fan but i don't dislike USC just a handful of their fans, i think being in the ACC will start hurting Clemson more in the future than it has in the past with the SEC and Big Ten getting the huge tv deals with espn, the gap has got that much larger as far as revenue for facilities and the like, as for USC i think the SEC money will be a huge help and they do have a loyal fanbase, but i think the gap will widen between them and the perrenial powers in the SEC, I hope I am wrong but I think Clemson and South Carolina's Football programs will suffer from the NIL, with it hurting Clemson the most

From the article I've linked:

“Everyone is talking about taxes; no one is talking about how this will impact grants and aid,” a Power Five athletic director said, granted anonymity as his department has not yet finalized how it will approach financial advice. “Kids can figure out taxes—18-year-old TikTokers are having to do that—but they’re probably not [figuring] out how to calculate what kind of income puts your [aid] at risk.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-athlet...ion%20annually.

Deion mad saban didn't offer his son. They are all slimeballs.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Deion played the race card as a Dallas Cowboy. Called Aikman a racist. "Why's he always yelling at the black players in practice?" The media picked up on it and it divided the locker room briefly.

Michael Irvin came to Aikman's defense. "I'm a big black man. I wear black sunglasses, wear a black coat, drive a big black car. Trust me when I say Troy isn't racist. The vast majority of the team is black and if somebody makes a mistake in practice, it's likely to be a black guy."

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    In 10 years college football and basketball will be a 60 school league that will be more or less semi pro. The NCAA is and has been a joke for a while, and there has become too much money involved to pretend that these teams and kids have anything to do with a college.

I have found better ways to spend my Saturday that belong in the America thread and not the sports forum. I’m glad Clemson got some while the getting was still good.
    you bailed like the assistant coaches did, when the ostarine ran out and the shitter delivery truck pulled up

No bailing at all. I love Clemson University and the Clemson Tigers. College football, formerly the greatest sport on earth, is going in a direction that doesn’t suit me. I’ll focus my energy elsewhere.

Rick, give it up dude. Nobody really cares as much as you want them to anymore. The ship has sailed…..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Rick, give it up dude. Nobody really cares as much as you want them to anymore. The ship has sailed…..
    Ain't that the TRUTH
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I agree, the dynasty delusion sent all the fair weather fans packing
    #insertelitejokehere

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I agree, the dynasty delusion sent all the fair weather fans packing
    #insertelitejokehere
    Don’t worry, Sakkerliner will always be Clemson’s bitch.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013