Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Diversity

I had blackened fish tacos last night. How's that for diversity?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

This was Calvin Klien's MOTHER'S DAY Ad. It featured a pregnant man (their words, not mine) and his partner. This is the bottom of the slippery slope, or so I hope. This was the day I was truly glad that my grandmother was dead, because this would have surely killed her in a more painful way. MG

e193b666-7a69-4770-866c-b931c9689804-large3x4_Capture.jpg
    Dum Spiro Spero

I have many black friends and many white friends. As was mentioned earlier like minded people will draw near.

However lately I’m really sick of having lgbt9q being shoved down my throat. I know it’s a hot topic on the news for whatever reason but it’s insane what it’s becoming. I don’t care what you do in the bedroom or who you do it it with but don’t shove it down mine or my families throat. I don’t want my daughter watching dudes or chicks making out on tv or in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Diversity in most things is desirable, so long as it occurs organically, never by social engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    This was Calvin Klien's MOTHER'S DAY Ad. It featured a pregnant man (their words, not mine) and his partner. This is the bottom of the slippery slope, or so I hope. This was the day I was truly glad that my grandmother was dead, because this would have surely killed her in a more painful way. MG

e193b666-7a69-4770-866c-b931c9689804-large3x4_Capture.jpg
    Proves advertising does work. If the desired effect was that Klein's parent company, PVH, doesn't want me to purchase any of the products that their companies manufacture, ever.

That's F'd up as a soup sandwich
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I had blackened fish tacos last night. How's that for diversity?
    i dont think you can call them that any more.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    That's F'd up as a soup sandwich
    i'm not even sure i understand wtf is going on in that pic....but the dude on the right is definitely better looking to me? did I just say that about a dude? or is the dude on the left the one that's not a dude? see? this shit really confuses old people like me.

(good time to remind you parents to cut your f***ing kids' hair before you confuse their grandmother)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Proves advertising does work. If the desired effect was that Klein's parent company, PVH, doesn't want me to purchase any of the products that their companies manufacture, ever.
    Its a looooooooooooong way from Brooke Shields. But damn for Mother's Day?!?! MG

Here is some eyewash from just forty short years ago:

Brooke-Shields-Calvin-Klein-Ad-e1490631242310.jpeg
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I enjoy whites. My best friends are white. Mt wife is white. Shoot, my house, boat and truck are all white, too.
    My wife is white too but I didn’t know that for a long time because I’m color blind and I don’t judge. My truck boat are black as the ace of spades though.

The tie breaker for "who's blacker" will have to come down to rhythm.

Solipsism ["my truth"] is essential in trans lifestyles. But they aren't merely content in simply living in their castles in the sand and being left alone, they want to torment the tide for doing what it does to sand castles.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Solipsism ["my truth"] is essential in trans lifestyles. But they aren't merely content in simply living in their castles in the sand and being left alone, they want to torment the tide for doing what it does to sand castles.
    The SCDucks Poet Laureate. W33kender, fka BF.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Wish I hadn’t clicked this thread while I was eating lunch, I about lost my brisket sandwich
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Guess we need to change the name of my favorite fish BLACK seabass to diverse seabass? This country is fucked up
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Jong Wong says screw your diversity and inclusion.

71CDFF6B-9989-48EB-8AFA-1F352CCB925E.jpeg
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 05-19-2022 at 11:28 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Right or wrong, I don't know, but society has always sent the message to young people to be good at something. Most commonly those somethings included some combination of academics, a trade, sports, or music. This was a good thing because getting good at something on that list is difficult. Getting good at those things requires dedication, determination, perseverance, and identifying one's natural aptitudes and interests. That process, in itself, is how we mature and how we build our self identities.

Recently, though, teachers have ignored the traditional list and only focused on non-traditional sexual identities. This wasn't an effort to help solidify the self-confidence of those with non-traditional sexual identities. It was an catastrophic and purposeful shift that told kids their only value to society was if they established non-traditional sexual identities. Now, we have hordes of adults whose only value to themselves or others is a non-traditional sexual identity. Unfortunately, now the world is in desperate need of doctors, engineers, electricians, etc. but has an over supply of Ru Pauls.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    BB, as you and most people know, reverse racism is absolutely acceptable. Encouraged, even.
    Unless the definition of racism indicates that it has to be perpetrated by someone white to qualify, racism from non-whites against whites is just plain old racism, my friend. We didn't trademark the concept. But i get what you're saying and agree. Its encouraged and celebrated openly.
    Last edited by everlast; 05-19-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

(good time to remind you parents to cut your f***ing kids' hair before you confuse their grandmother)
    I chuckled. It's called "flow" now when you have cool hair. Just wanted you to be up on the lingo.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

If you are talking about diversity in the workplace, there are a number of studies that correlate it to success. Basic principle is that if a bunch of 40 year old white men make all of the decisions, their inherent cultural biases will work against them to come up with the absolute most successful product. Whereas if you take a mix of the population (age, sex, race, region, etc) then you get a more comprehensive view of the world in which ideas come together in a blender hopefully giving you the most successful product. The tradeoff is in agreement. You'll spend more time getting to the right answer getting a culturally diverse cohort to agree, but in the end, you'll have better results. The traditional cohort of 40 year old white males will come to consensus much quicker because they will be generally aligned on their worldviews.

Bottom line is that many companies are doing this to expect actual financial results, not just checking a PC checkbox.
    Last edited by jasonw; 05-19-2022 at 12:42 PM.