Thread: Wood Fence

Default Wood Fence

What is the going rate for a wooden fence? My neighbor is having a fence built. It’s about 800’ long. He said material was about $13k and total bill with installation was around $20k. I know he got quotes from a few different people. I know lumber is out of sight, but does this price sound right? I’m in Summerville if location matters.

I suppose it depends on the fence, but I remember a 8' high dog ear picket shadowbox costing $15/ft several years ago. Your friends price is $25/ft.

$25 a foot? sounds cheap..

Kinda sounds right without running numbers.

I just priced the material to build a 130’ fence with 2 10’ gate and a 5’ gate. That’s a 4’ dog ear picket fence. All my materials were $2500 basically. That’s on 6’ centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    What is the going rate for a wooden fence? My neighbor is having a fence built. It’s about 800’ long. He said material was about $13k and total bill with installation was around $20k. I know he got quotes from a few different people. I know lumber is out of sight, but does this price sound right? I’m in Summerville if location matters.
    I just got a quote from RS Fence Builders. 92 ft. Material $1148.54 Labor $920 ($10 per linear ft). Total $2,068.54. Summerville.