Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cut the cable/Roku/Smart TV

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Any of you guys that have “cut the cable” streaming with Starlink? We still have Dish network active and wanting to disconnect. Haven’t upgraded to smart tv’s because we haven’t had high speed internet in some time. Thinking about going with firesticks, and some of the above mentioned streaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We have firesticks and Roku's.

Roku's are easier to operate but dont have a sleep thingy. The firesticks will turn off after a while.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Youtube end of story. fuk disney and netflix
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by billbuster84 View Post
    Any of you guys that have “cut the cable” streaming with Starlink? We still have Dish network active and wanting to disconnect. Haven’t upgraded to smart tv’s because we haven’t had high speed internet in some time. Thinking about going with firesticks, and some of the above mentioned streaming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Firesticks suck. Roku is the best all around version. $40 Roku stick is all you need. Apple TV is great if you have a lot of Apple products.

I had direct at the lake house, cable with all of the channels at my old house, internet and all of that shit.. I went adding up everything when I built the new house, then realized I don't really watch much of it, so I went with the streaming option. Sling with a roku was the first one I tried, and I'm pretty old school and don't like technology.. the firesticks seemed needy back then, plus the broken ones would make me feel like I was cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I got Disney plus bundled with Hulu and ESPN for $14.97 (that includes taxes) and Netflix for $14.99/month (not counting taxes).
    Why do you want Disney?
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Why do you want Disney?
    It's the second time I've had it. We got mad and canceled it when the canceled the Gina girl. But, like I mentioned, they have NatGeo and the bundle with ESPN and Hulu made sense.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I have no idea what any of this stuff is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    It's the second time I've had it. We got mad and canceled it when the canceled the Gina girl. But, like I mentioned, they have NatGeo and the bundle with ESPN and Hulu made sense.
    Not really if you will look at it.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Roku, Youtube TV and Netflix here

Haven’t figured out how to get the sports on tbs etc like ncaa bball and nba playoffs.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    Haven’t figured out how to get the sports on tbs etc like ncaa bball and nba playoffs.
    If you stream YOUTUBETV. Damnit people look it up it ain't that tough

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Firesticks suck. Roku is the best all around version. $40 Roku stick is all you need. Apple TV is great if you have a lot of Apple products.
    Agreed. I don't understand the fascination with them when the Firebox is about the same cost but has a faster processor and more storage space.

Screw apple!

I do prefer the Roku and one feature that I really like is the ability to sit in the living room after the kids have gone to bed, plug a set of headphones into the remote and watch a show or sporting event without waking up the house.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    '
    Question for you tech'ees. I do not have cable in my bedroom, only firestick. I recently had to replace my modem as lightning hit it. Since then, the firestick won't work.
    Sounds like the wifi changed with the new modem and you haven't connected the firestick to the new network name/ password. This is assuming the wifi signal in your home actually originates from within your provider's modem.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-20-2022 at 08:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft