Thread: DJI Mavic Air 2

Default DJI Mavic Air 2

Does anybody have any experience with these drones? Good....bad??? I have a couple projects this could be put to good use. They dropped the price on the Mavic 2 with the newer Mavic 3 out.
    "run and gun guide service"

I use one for work and am very happy with it.

Eta: Quality is very very good. You probably can’t see it on here at a lower resolution, but original resolution picture I could read HP decal on the motor.

B92E1629-8145-438D-886D-579C761B83D5.jpg
    Last edited by FULLCHOKE; 05-13-2022 at 07:47 AM.

I've got one. I'm not big into drones, but I think it's pretty neat what it can do for being so small. I figured any sort of wind would blow it around, but it really doesn't. Picture and video quality seems good to me.

If i was buying a personal drone that would be the one I would buy.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I've had a couple of drones over the years, and the Mavic 2 is by far the best I've had. I got the Mavic 2 Zoom, because I wanted the ability to zoom in to get very close footage of things. I primarily use mine on the farm to check fences and count the livestock, but it has been fun to drop it down on food plots and watch deer feed in the evenings and things like that. I would definitely recommend the zoom function. I would also suggest the upgraded remote that includes the viewing screen instead of using a tablet. The daytime visibility of the upgraded remote far surpasses that of any tablet, and you are always having to fly from shade to see the true details with a tablet. Also, most tablets seem to lag when flying versus the upgraded remote. That can put you in some tricky situations when flying blind in obstacle rich environments.

Here is a short video dubbed to horrible, free music on YouTube I made the winter I first got the Mavic 2. The main thing in this video I wanted to share was how easy it is to operate the drone. I was able to operate the tractor and fly the drone at the same time after only owning the drone for a couple of days. I didn't show off the zoom function in this video, but it will allow me to zoom in close enough to get the numbers off ear tags.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Within the next five years after drones become even more popular, I’m guessing and hope we will see a crackdown on wildlife violations.

In college I had a turkey I was hunting for a couple days in a row that was killed on a day I couldn’t hunt by another guy with the assist of a drone. Sad.

I also heard a rumor but cannot confirm that there was another guy that had an infrared or thermal drone that flew at night to try and find roosted turkeys.

I had a guy ask me to borrow mine so that he could find and hunt field turkeys…almost worse than a fan.

Cool video scoutlover. Thats a nice looking spread you have there.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm