Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend kid hauler

Default Recommend kid hauler

Time to replace the wife's Tahoe. She would like to keep the third row and cargo capability for hauling kids, family traveling, grocery getter type stuff. Aside from another Tahoe, what similar vehicles have provided good experiences to y'all? We need four seats and cargo space for the immediate family; fold-down or removable third row would get used with friends and extended family.

Acadia, Highlander, Explorer, what else have you liked?

GX460, basically a Toyota and you don't have to buy a tricked out one.

We have been in a Toyota van for 7 years now, well over 200k and only put an alternator on it. It just keeps going.

My wife has a 2012 Mazda CX-9 that has been a great vehicle. It just rolled over 250K without ever having any major issues. She says her next will be a CX-9. When she bought it the promotion at the time was tires for life. It's on the 4th set...I don't think they figured on her keeping it this long.

The wife loves our Pilot, and I have no complaints at all with it. We looked at the Traverse as well before buying and liked it too. Supposedly has as much or more interior space as the Tahoe. The third row Grand Cherokee wasn’t out when we were shopping, but it probably would have also been on our list.
    Last edited by wbrown609; 05-12-2022 at 06:33 PM.

We have a Ford Expedition. For us out of all the full sized SUV’s it’s the best in my opinion. However it may be a tad bigger than what your looking for. Explorers have zero leg room and it’s the main reason we traded an explorer in for an expedition.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-12-2022 at 04:38 PM.

If new, I'd be looking at the 2023 Sequoia.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I'll catch hell but,

Telluride

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I'll catch hell but,

Telluride

I like their look.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I'll catch hell but,
    Telluride
    From the folks I know that have one, like then a lot and say KIA has come a long way.

But.. a sequoia fits the bill. We like ours with the captains seats in the middle. I drive a tundra, and like hers so much, I have been in touch with the dealer about the new ones.

I love everything about my wife’s Sequoia except the mileage is awful and coupled with the worlds smallest fuel tank. I feel it is way roomier inside than the Tahoe’s and suburbans.
    cut\'em

Good luck finding anything at the moment and they jack the price up on ya, beware!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I bought my wife a 21 explorer, before that she had a 15 explorer. They have all been great to us and we put a lot of miles on vehicles. I really wanted her to get the telluride but she is stuck the explorer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    I love everything about my wife’s Sequoia except the mileage is awful and coupled with the worlds smallest fuel tank. I feel it is way roomier inside than the Tahoe’s and suburbans.
    2023’s have the hybrid engine, 24 mpg, seat 7-8, and a 9,000# tow capacity. They look pretty badass in the TRD form.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The difference between a loaded full-size vs mid-size suv is about 20 grand, or at least it was a couple of years ago. We went with the mid-size and just use the hitch haul and/or roof-top box the one or two times a year we need the extra space.

Sequoia.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    GX460, basically a Toyota and you don't have to buy a tricked out one.
    I looked into these. Trim level for the price is lacking. Toyota loves plastic. Size isn’t comparable either for other vehicles in that price and class. Ultimately went with the new gen of the expedition. If someone is looking for something a little smaller they are nice ride though.

There is a mint 14 Land Cruiser at the yota dealership. 83k miles. They want 52k which seems insane to me but I hate riding by it every day.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 05-12-2022 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    2023’s have the hybrid engine, 24 mpg, seat 7-8, and a 9,000# tow capacity. They look pretty badass in the TRD form.
    She already has her eye on it.
    cut\'em

They figure out the wastegate failure yet?
    More fuel = more boost!!

They figure out the wastegate failure yet?
    More fuel = more boost!!