Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend kid hauler

My wife melted her Explorer (I don't want to talk about it) so I got her a Toyota Highlander with 3rd row. It's a nice car with 3rd row.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My wife has a forerunner limited with the third row, to say that’s a great vehicle is an understatement decent gas mileage and bullet proof engine. Plenty of room to do what she wants and haul our daughter’s stuff around and the extra kids we get at softball tournaments . It’s just a great size vehicle for us
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

How big a feller are you. How big are your kids? I'm a good sized dude and my kids are all tall. We had an explorer with 3rd row and it was way too small
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My wife drives a 2022 Telluride and is very happy. You can’t beat it for the price. Midnight package makes it look pretty sharp.

A friend called a Toyota dealership this week inquiring about the new sequoia and they wanted a $1000 non-refundable deposit and pricing wasn’t even available yet.

We have a 2015 sequoia and love it. I looked at the 2023 Sequoia and it doesn’t have near the storage space of the previous models. I would like to just upgrade to the 2022 but have a hard time spending the money to get the same exact vehicle just with lower miles. Nothing else seems to be worth a crap. We looked at the Yukon XLs and really like the size but can’t justify the price for the product they’re putting out.
    For the ducks

Just got my wife a 2020 sequoia. Upgraded from the 4Runner. I’m also a big fella and I hate being cramped in the front. Having two under two and in car seats made the decision easy. 4Runner was a great vehicle and had third row seats as well but this sequoia is way nicer and roomier

I bought one Expedtion, a king ranch, some years back. It was plenty roomy, and our kids were younger. The only reason my wife drove it as long as she did was because at 80k, I had to get KRT to basically put a new engine in it. So I was done with Ford, and at the same time we were both looking for new vehicles, chevy was also having problems. She had a tahoe before the Ford. I told her I wasn't buying some shit that would blow up. We went and looked at Land Cruisers, yeah no. I had no idea how much a new one cost, didn't matter if I could afford it. I'm not trying to keep up with anyone. If I buy something I want it to make it a several years without a problem. I looked at the Sequoias, at the time they were clunky looking inside. So I bought a 4runner, a new cool limited one, that lasted a couple months, it was too small. So I took a look at Lexus, she loves the car, and it rides great. I didn't buy a high end, you can't convince me they're worth it. I mean I bought a Tundra with cloth seats. I like the newer Sequoias, but we're good for some years.. Also, I'll never buy the first of any generation, I don't have to be that guy. Let those companies work out problems with someone else's money. My Tundra still only has like 40k on it after 4 years, I'll drive that thing a decade, unless something strange happens. I plan on next year getting leather seats put in.

I still have one 4runner, with close to 300k on it, it rides great. Also at the time there were too many highlanders in town, I didn't want to wave at the wrong woman. Plus they looked slightly feminine, I'm going to have to end up driving it at some point.. So I'd rather look halfway pompous in a Lexus then like a beta.

My wife has a 2017 sequoia and loves it. We will upgrade to the 2023 in a couple years. Been a great vechile thus far, tons of room, hers is 2x4 and gets around 15/16mpg. No complaints here
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    They figure out the wastegate failure yet?
    I haven’t seen any recent articles about this issue when I looked earlier this week.

I have however read some reviews on fit and finish quality, design flaws, and a couple other things that Toyota really dropped the ball on. Enough to scare out of looking at a new one for several years.
    Last edited by Buckin Bronco; 05-13-2022 at 12:05 PM.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    They figure out the wastegate failure yet?
    Been trying to keep tabs on this also. Hoping it would be by the time these are rolled out.

The rear bumper design is terrible, no where to put your foot to climb in the bed. Also read where the bumpers were popping off.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Some of those newer sprinter style vans should be included in the list.

Now that our daughter and son in law have 2 little ones they "had to have a bigger vehicle" so they bought an Expedition Max. (I tried to talk them into a minivan but they wouldn't have it.) The Expedition is like driving a bus but it's plenty roomy and has an incredibly smooth ride. We all road to Daytona in it back in April and I was surprised how well it ran. I don't have a clue about the engine tho. I ran an old 2000 Expedition for 19 years and that 5.4 made it to 315,000 and was running when I sold it.

I have a 2004 Sequioa hunting truck that I picked up for $2k about 3 years ago with265,000 miles on it. It's the typical testament to the 4.7. It has 295,000+ now and has been reliable regardless of the lousy towing fuel mpg. Nice roomy vehicle but not has roomy as that expedition max.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

volkswagon Atlas

We’ve had our 2012 Sequoia since new & it’s been a great ride except the mileage. Has 135k miles on it & we did the recommended stuff at 100k miles but other then that it’s oil changes & brakes

My wife's odyssey has served us well but she's wanting a Yukon or Yukon XL now.

We have a 97 4runner wife drives I like it as does she, Kevin may have to fix AC not blowing cold anymore, would like newer one but they cost so much. Anyone got input on jeep grand cherokee 2011 and newer? Which years better? They look good and don't cost as much. Not a 4runner or a sequoia I know but will they last without costly issues? KRT? I've seen the 3.6, 5.7 and an eco diesel (probably not interested - fuel cost), I like the 3.6 (fuel mileage) with an 8speed in newer models, I will most likely continue with 4x4