Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Player not to win the Heisman....

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    And so it begins.....

Attachment 74888

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    The closest Ushouldn'tmakefunofthepoorkidwithtoomanylettersinh isnamebutsucksasaQB will get to a Heisman is watching it on TV like most of us.

Remember the commercials about 98% of student athletes will excel in something other than sports, he's in the 98%, toward the bottom and probably won't excel much at anything.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 05-12-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I am surprised no one has tossed out this award winning receiver.

Swinney Son.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Though this made me smile;
    You have to love their ignorance
    it's almost sad, the delusional bubble they live in up there
    Almost as bad as your man crush on rattler

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Yep. And that matters in this discussion.
    Tee martin only won because Bobby had to play the third string qb.

Quote Originally Posted by barrineau View Post
    absolutely true, but i do think they should wait until after the national championship game and have it factor in along with the bowl games
    Bowl games unfortunately are no longer a good measure of anything. Entertaining, but not a good measure. Too many players that sit out, and too many coaching changes.

thats true , especially the lower tier bowls, I think they have too many bowls now and that takes away from it

I do think they should wait until after the Nat Champ game to announce Heisman. Even if they vote before bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    It's supposed to be based on the most outstanding college player that season.
    Pretty sure the essence of the Heisman winner is be "the most exciting college football player to watch". Stat lines matter but not so much because those are for comparing one position to another of the same position. But when you got a running back, a receiver, a QB, and perhaps even a LB or D-Line guy, those don't matter. It's the wow factor.

And I thought for sure that in his best year Spiller was incredibly exciting. I mean how many kickoffs and punts did he run back for TDs? Who even does that any more, at least with any consistency like he did?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-14-2022 at 08:14 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The Heisman ceremony is something that I really used to look forward to and I thought it was the greatest individual award in sports. Now, the winner is chosen by the media (ESPN) based on some outstanding single performance in late September/early October, and it becomes his not to lose throughout the season.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Honestly I felt CJ Spiller should have won it , I know I am biased on that thought but he had one hell of a season

Spiller, Watson, Trevistite Lawrence
    All should have won it and DJ should have won it in 2022 also.
    Just thought I'd go ahead and say the DJ thing so y'all won't have to this time next year.
    Carry on

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Spiller, Watson, Trevistite Lawrence
    All should have won it and DJ should have won it in 2022 also.
    Just thought I'd go ahead and say the DJ thing so y'all won't have to this time next year.
    Carry on

Baffles me why DJ is even mentioned in same sentence as other 3, do not get me wrong I am pulling for the young man but just ain’t seen it yet

Trevor , never had the season to win it in all honesty