Thread: You get to provide more Free Stuff!

Default You get to provide more Free Stuff!

How low-income families can apply for $30 off their internet bill each month

May 10, 2022

Those who live on tribal lands can get up to $75 a month.
    get a one-time $100 discount to buy a laptop, desktop or tablet.
    Many families in low-income households in the United States are now eligible to get a $30 per month discount on their internet bills, which could end up being free broadband in some cases.

The money for benefit, called the Affordable Connectivity Program, comes from a bipartisan infrastructure law announced by President Joe Biden on Monday.

The White House says that 20 major internet providers have agreed to offer program-eligible households high-speed internet plans for no more than $30, which means the monthly plans would be free for those families. The plans offer a minimum of 100Mbps download speed "which is fast enough for a typical family of 4 to video conference, stream movies or TV, and more," according to the government.

The White House says the program will increase access to high-speed internet for 48 million households nationwide.

How do I know if I qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
    There are three ways to qualify.

1. One way is if your household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty line. The getinternet.gov website has a tool that can tell you if you make too much to qualify.

2. You can also be eligible for the program if you or someone in your household participates in government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, SSI, FPHA, a veterans pension and survivors benefit, free and reduced-price school lunch or school breakfast, a federal pell grant, or tribal assistance. (Those who live on tribal lands can get up to $75 a month.)

3. Someone in the household meets eligibility for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program.

Joe BidenBiden announces program offering discounted internet service for low-income Americans
    How do I sign up for ACR?
    Visit getinternet.gov to sign up online. You can also send in an application by mail or after contacting your existing internet service provider if the company is a participant in the program. You can also call 877-384-2575 for more information.

How do I know if my internet company is participating?
    Here is a list of internet providers participating in the program. They include AT&T, Comcast, Verizon and more.

Is there help for those who don’t have a tablet or computer?
    Yes. Program-eligible households can get a one-time $100 discount to buy a laptop, desktop or tablet. Here is the list of providers.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/get-in...anies/39957367

I wish someone would buy my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    My vote cost to much, bet yours is the same.

I took the discount from Spectrum..they said it has nothing to do with your income, but where you live. 30 bucks off a month adds up..speshlee when you work from home! Thanks Joe, you cocksucker..
    At least I'm housebroken.

FJB
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Where are the adults they promised us?

i also heard all the people coming across the border get a cell phone so they can be tracked.

perfect. so smart. I am glad we have all these wonderful people in charge making such great decisions. Helps me sleep at night.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    Make no mistake, the left is offering... all it costs is your soul though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-15-2022 at 02:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft