Thread: Unused herbicide in the sprayer

Default Unused herbicide in the sprayer

I have a 15 gallon and 200 gallon sprayer, and both leave a trace amount of herbicide in the tank that the pickup tube can't reach. I was wondering how this enters y'alls calculations, especially when using very potent herbicides like Beyond and Cadre. For example, I spray Beyond at 4 oz/acre and it just works out easier to use the 15 gallon sprayer an acre at the time. Each application leaves behind maybe a quarter of a gallon of mix that the pump can't get. That tells me that I sprayed just short of 4 oz/acre mixture, and the next fill up could be stronger if I don't completely drain the tank. I run into the same problem with the big sprayer but it's much more forgiving with what I spray on the pastures. Should I bump the oz of Beyond up some knowing I won't be able to spray everything in the tank?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t worry about it. Close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about it. Close enough.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Capacity and usable gallons are not always the same. Applies to any tank. Fuel, spray tank etc

Yea you are over thinking it. You’re talking about a fraction of an ounce of actual chemical left over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

What everyone else said, you’re talking about 4 oz of chemical to 1920 oz (15 gal) of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I wouldn't worry about the calculation but I'd empty the tank and rinse it out. I know for sure glyphosphate congeals into nasty shit and will eat the valves up.