Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More boat titling shenanigans

What brand bote?

High Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Ahem…..got a set today for a boat that I haven’t owned in quite some time.
    I'll take 'em.

Word up

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Paging Philip Lowe, clean this train wreck up and pass a law that gives boat owners some tax relief as in no taxes after 15years like it was in many counties before the leeches got wise.
    The 15 year rule is still in place up this way. I haven't paid anything other than my annual (formerly 3 year) DNR fee since about 2008 (1993 Alumacraft).

Got my second set of stickers today. Glad to see I'm not the only one costing these yahoos their profit $'s. DNR has told me that the supplier is absorbing all of these costs since it's their problem causing it... however, I'm sure that future price increases will fill the gap in one way or another.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Got another set today but the post office delivered it to someone else like I had a forwarding address. Gentleman was on my door step when I got home from work with them.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Dang man, Leon’s gang truce is working already.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    The 15 year rule is still in place up this way. I haven't paid anything other than my annual (formerly 3 year) DNR fee since about 2008 (1993 Alumacraft).
    I paid almost $400 on a 15 year old boat last year. The taxes on the motor came in at $735.

That's just criminal. Clarendon County

I gave the nephew an 18 year old out of state bill of sale for one that was never titled yesterday and told him where the DNR office in Columbia was. This should be fun. For him.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I gave the nephew an 18 year old out of state bill of sale for one that was never titled yesterday and told him where the DNR office in Columbia was. This should be fun. For him.
    What'd he do to make you mad?

Consider it an exercise in developing patience and emotional maturity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

It will certainly be educational...

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    I paid almost $400 on a 15 year old boat last year. The taxes on the motor came in at $735.

You’ve apparently got a much nicer boat than I do. Is the tax cut-off based on value?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Haven’t paid much attention to this thread…until I got a second set of numbers for the jet ski in the mail the other day. Also received, on the same day, numbers and title for a new boat I bought in early March. Only problem is the title and registration listed a completely different make and model of boat from what I bought…

I received mine in 2 weeks. In the 10 days since, I have received 8 more in duplicate.

Yeah, I've got 3 sets for mine as of now

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post

Go to the assessors office to make sure it’s correct. This new system of paying DNR fees via county has been a nightmare for most offices. I have a 15 year old motor that has never had a higher tax bill than $75, until this March when it was $375. 3 mins at the county assessors office and it was corrected to $35.

Whatever system DNR uses aint meshing with some counties.

Also, just received my 5th set of stickers for 2 different boats today.
    Last edited by MDman; 06-09-2022 at 08:14 PM.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

I bought a boat a month or so ago here in NC. I’ve always heard you go to the license plate agency, so I went up there to go get everything squared away. The lady at the desk says, “we can do the trailer, but the Food Lion in Blowing Rock handles all of the boat titling”. I said, “cool, so you mean like an office in the shopping center?”. “No, it’s literally inside the Food Lion, go to customer service.”

I literally had a kid who bags groceries 99% of the day fill out all my paperwork, give me temporary documentation, and order my stickers. They should be in the mail within the next 3 weeks. It’s funny, but I’m not talking shit, by far it’s been quicker and easier than any boat titling process I ever did in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    the Food Lion in Blowing Rock