Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More boat titling shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I went to pay taxes on my sneak boat and it was zero. DNR sent a title, no new stickers.

I am sure a bus will hit me soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a motor that has $0 taxes to my surprise, so I could register without paying. Went online to pay taxes on my son's truck and there is an outstanding tax notice for that motor for $0. Worried about shenanigans, I added it to my cart when I paid the others and they showed it paid and sent me a receipt for everything including that motor. This will not end well. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

My jon boat is not subject to tax anymore (old/low value)-- so I usually go online and pay the $10 for the decal.
    This year- it would not let me renew and there was a note that said taxes had not been paid and to call Boat Titling.
    I called and explained to the lady that it was not subject to tax.
    She was worthless.
    I ended up having to call the Greenville County Tax office and after speaking to 4 different folks - I got this guy that knew what was going on.
    His name was Chad. He stated that the new DNR online system is messed up- as it indicates tax is due on boats that are not subject to tax. He went into the system and corrected it - while I was on the phone. I ask him why not go ahead and fix it for every boat owner in Greenville County that has a boat not subject to tax-- He declined.

I then went back to DNR to pay my $10 but I was a couple days past 30 (since it took 32 days of calls on holds and disconnects to to figure all of this out). Since I was late I had to pay an additional $15. Pretty ridiculous.

Another interesting item--- on my fishing boat- I never got my stickers in February- although the $10 was paid with the taxes.
    I called DNR on that and after getting a human on the line- she tells me the sticker company is running behind- and it may be 30-60days past after expiration before I received the decals. She told me to keep my paid tax receipt in the boat until I got the sticker (like I even know where that is now).
    I ask why she didnt post this issue on the website- to let folks know stickers were running late. I think that blew her mind.
    They are a bunch of clowns.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Another interesting item--- on my fishing boat- I never got my stickers in February- although the $10 was paid with the taxes.
    I called DNR on that and after getting a human on the line- she tells me the sticker company is running behind- and it may be 30-60days past after expiration before I received the decals. She told me to keep my paid tax receipt in the boat until I got the sticker (like I even know where that is now).
    I ask why she didnt post this issue on the website- to let folks know stickers were running late. I think that blew her mind.
    They are a bunch of clowns.
    Go to you county website and print your receipt.

No wonder they can't find any decent level of efficiency... I've received 1 of these I think each of the last 3 weeks. Starting a collection.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

3D118BB8-67B5-4CC1-B03D-21895401B76C.jpg

Same here. My dad got 4 sets for one of his.

I paid last week and received my stickers tuesday.

Wonder how much that's costing us tax payers in triplicating work and materials. No telling how many of our fellow boat owners this happened to.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I know of 2 different people that also received multiple registration stickers. First it was Turkey tags, now this. DNR needs a new system

I got two sets of stickers for the same boat in the same envelope.

System is automated from a 3rd party vendor. They've identified the issue and working to close it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I got two sets of stickers for the same boat in the same envelope.

System is automated from a 3rd party vendor. They've identified the issue and working to close it.
    Does this type stuff bother or embarrass them as much as we think it should? If I ran my business this way my parking lot would be empty.

You ain't got a monopoly.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Mailed all my crap in on 5/5. Check has not been cashed as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    You ain't got a monopoly.
    I ain't even got a checkers.

Been dealing with this bullshit this week. My boat hasnt required taxes for the past 3 years however today I had to write a check for $389.39 for taxes and they acted like they didnt know a thing about the $10 registration renewal. Probably get to go round and round with a green jeans after he pulls me for expired stickers.

Paging Philip Lowe, clean this train wreck up and pass a law that gives boat owners some tax relief as in no taxes after 15years like it was in many counties before the leeches got wise.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does this type stuff bother or embarrass them as much as we think it should? If I ran my business this way my parking lot would be empty.
    It doesnt embarrass who it should embarrass. Some folks push the buttons and let others smell like shit for not properly vetting or testing...Read into that how you will...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I ain't even got a checkers.

They think they playin' chess.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Ahem…..got a set today for a boat that I haven’t owned in quite some time.