Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More boat titling shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I went to pay taxes on my sneak boat and it was zero. DNR sent a title, no new stickers.

I am sure a bus will hit me soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a motor that has $0 taxes to my surprise, so I could register without paying. Went online to pay taxes on my son's truck and there is an outstanding tax notice for that motor for $0. Worried about shenanigans, I added it to my cart when I paid the others and they showed it paid and sent me a receipt for everything including that motor. This will not end well. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

My jon boat is not subject to tax anymore (old/low value)-- so I usually go online and pay the $10 for the decal.
    This year- it would not let me renew and there was a note that said taxes had not been paid and to call Boat Titling.
    I called and explained to the lady that it was not subject to tax.
    She was worthless.
    I ended up having to call the Greenville County Tax office and after speaking to 4 different folks - I got this guy that knew what was going on.
    His name was Chad. He stated that the new DNR online system is messed up- as it indicates tax is due on boats that are not subject to tax. He went into the system and corrected it - while I was on the phone. I ask him why not go ahead and fix it for every boat owner in Greenville County that has a boat not subject to tax-- He declined.

I then went back to DNR to pay my $10 but I was a couple days past 30 (since it took 32 days of calls on holds and disconnects to to figure all of this out). Since I was late I had to pay an additional $15. Pretty ridiculous.

Another interesting item--- on my fishing boat- I never got my stickers in February- although the $10 was paid with the taxes.
    I called DNR on that and after getting a human on the line- she tells me the sticker company is running behind- and it may be 30-60days past after expiration before I received the decals. She told me to keep my paid tax receipt in the boat until I got the sticker (like I even know where that is now).
    I ask why she didnt post this issue on the website- to let folks know stickers were running late. I think that blew her mind.
    They are a bunch of clowns.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
    Another interesting item--- on my fishing boat- I never got my stickers in February- although the $10 was paid with the taxes.
    I called DNR on that and after getting a human on the line- she tells me the sticker company is running behind- and it may be 30-60days past after expiration before I received the decals. She told me to keep my paid tax receipt in the boat until I got the sticker (like I even know where that is now).
    I ask why she didnt post this issue on the website- to let folks know stickers were running late. I think that blew her mind.
    They are a bunch of clowns.
    Go to you county website and print your receipt.