Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More boat titling shenanigans

Default More boat titling shenanigans

Why am I paying the county the $10 registration fee and still having to pay the state the registration fee to get my stickers months late? What gives here? Seems like some fuckery to me….

Greenville......they got it all messed up.

They did the same to me. Then DNR sent a late bill. Then the county sent me a $10 check for overpayment. And of course the stickers were late.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

"Fees" go to the State for handling the transaction, and "Taxes" go to the County....????
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

My buddy hank explains it in one these verses:

We gonna have a chit chat before I send anybody any money.

It all goes directly thru the county now. You won't be paying DNR separately. It a scam to make sure they steal your money before the DNR issues the new registration.

That was going to be one of my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    It all goes directly thru the county now. You won't be paying DNR separately. It a scam to make sure they steal your money before the DNR issues the new registration.
    Yep. Thank the legislators. Cant skip a few years of tax theft and hide now. Going to be visible so the counties can churn more revenue, while tripling the workload on an overloaded and outdated registration system. Or...so I've heard.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I asked for stickers and had 'em in a week.

Just sayin.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

We established a whole new country over less.

Been a while since politicians were tarred, feathered and ran out on a rail and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I asked for stickers and had 'em in a week.

Just sayin.
    https://www.partypalooza.com/Merchan...rs_540x540.jpg

Ok, so I got my sneak bote lowered to where it will come off the tax roll. This is the last year I will pay on it.

And yes, the $10 is collected by the county and sent to DNR who will then send some shit to their shit third party vendor so they can take months to years to send out your new sticker.

That is……until you shit comes off the tax roll. Once that happens you have to go back to renewing through DNR like always.

I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

How's this for confusing? Read the middle paragraph.

20220510_065807.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Taxes is a dirty word. They would rather say FEE. County gov is so afraid you will not pay the property tax on a boat or trailer and they don't trust the state either it seems. Blame the ones that dont pay their property tax.

I did the online thing on 5/2 after I realized mine went out at the end of April. To my surprise my decals showed up in the mail this morning. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    How's this for confusing? Read the middle paragraph.

20220510_065807.jpg
    Lol, yep. You’re going to have to pay the $10 to DNR.

Theoretically I’m going to pay mine on the sneak boat, the county is going to pay DNR and then DNR will tell their Nigerian third party vendor to send me some stickers. I’ll not be holding my breath.

Someone went to Clemson, paid $10 and watched the lady print out the stickers and hand them over the counter and thought to themselves “damn, this was efficient and painless. I think I’ll send a thank you email to DNR and tell them job well done”. Then DNR got the email, read it, passed it around, scheduled a meeting and the consensus was “we can’t have that shit!” So they shut boat renewals at the regional offices.

I went to pay taxes on my sneak boat and it was zero. DNR sent a title, no new stickers.

I went to pay truck taxes and last year’s was not on file. So they let me pay just this year’s. I was in the hospital and forgot.

I am sure a bus will hit me soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been m experience with those kind of windfalls, someone at the county eventually figures it out and send you a tax bill with penalty and interest. Also if you sell a boat or vehicle be sure to turn in the tag and get a receipt as the tax man is looking for you to pay even though you no longer own. I see it happen everyday. Garnished an employees last year for the same.