Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More boat titling shenanigans

You can’t make this shit up, not ANY of this shit

I got the renewal notice on my gheenoe last week. Went to do it online, no dice. Boat didn’t even show up on my profile. Said to hell with it and drove to the farmers market where I was informed that I somehow had two accounts. The nice lady meshed the accounts together, I gave her $10 and she told me my new stickers would arrive in the mail shortly. We shall see I guess. I wasn’t even aware that they didn’t still print the new stickers off right there. That’s what they did with the War Eagle I bought last fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Paid my boat registration last week or so. Got a letter from scdnr saying they were notified of the payment. They also said that it was late even though it says in the same letter that if not received by 2/28 there will be a late fee. They clearly have no clue what’s going on or just trying to trick people into paying a few extra dollars

I paid my taxes on my boat last week and the next day the app showed my shit as being GTG. Went to the mailbox today and my new stickers were sitting there waiting on me.

Finally worked thru the title issues with my boat last summer. Got the taxes paid. But never put my numbers or stickers on the boat. Put about 50 hours on it and didn’t have a problem with DNR.

This years tax bill is sitting on my desk. It’s a big number (it’s also an expensive boat). But all of this had me wondering if I should have any confidence at all in the calculation of the tax they say I owe

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    Finally worked thru the title issues with my boat last summer. Got the taxes paid. But never put my numbers or stickers on the boat. Put about 50 hours on it and didn’t have a problem with DNR.

This years tax bill is sitting on my desk. It’s a big number (it’s also an expensive boat). But all of this had me wondering if I should have any confidence at all in the calculation of the tax they say I owe
    Hell no, get an appraisal on the bare hull and motor from a marine dealer and the tax office will adjust it.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 02-21-2023 at 08:48 PM.

January renewal last month. I did it on line and had stickers in a week. Far cry from last year when I ended up with two sets of stickers. Neither timely.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I'm not sure if you can do this with a boat in SC, but it might be worth looking into.

So, I started an LLC for my 1099 work when I moved to Wyoming. I did this in Wyoming. When my work partner retired, I took up his slack at the hospital and had to put my 1099 work on hold. When it came time to file my annual report and make the annual payment, I got the notice and then forgot about doing it. When I got a new partner and went to get the LLC stuff in order, someone from NJ had filed my annual report for me, paid the small fee, and added himself to my business. I have no idea why he would have done this, because he could not get loans or credit cards in the business name. Regardless, I asked the state of WY folks how this happened, and they said anyone could do that to any LLC. I searched around different states, and if someone beats you to filing your annual report, they can add their name to your business without your permission in most states. This makes absolutely no sense, but it is a thing. So....

A buddy of mine here recommended 49dollar Montana registered agent to start my new LLC after I had to go to the statehouse and dissolve my old LLC and shut down my old LLC bank account. So, like it says, 49$ to start your LLC in Montana easy-peasy. I pay $45/year to have them do the annual report filing and take care of all the paperwork so that no-one can pull that crap on me again.

Back to the boat registration deal... I sold/transferred all of my vehicles to the LLC and because of that, I was able to register them for $545 each in the no-tax county that my company is registered in. My tags showed up last week, and they expire on 12/31/2999. I know that they do boat and RV registration also, but I'm not sure whether or not the boat registration is permanent like the 11 year old and older vehicle registration is...it probably depends on the age of the boat.

Regardless, it is something you might want to check out if you have older vehicles, and if the boat registration is the same as the car registration, it might cost you a little bit more in up front costs, but it would save you the hassle of having to go through the registration process every freaking year.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 02-27-2023 at 07:00 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!