Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lettuce Discuss

Or everyone can just relax for a minute.

sad part is that places that aren’t even hunted are also having a turkey decline.

Hunting is definitely not helping the population but it’s not the only factor.

right now i’m not convinced that closing turkey season will do anything to help the population but i sure would like to be wrong.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    sad part is that places that aren’t even hunted are also having a turkey decline.

Hunting is definitely not helping the population but it’s not the only factor.

right now i’m not convinced that closing turkey season will do anything to help the population but i sure would like to be wrong.
    https://www.tiktok.com/@eclecticmeta...7ZEqk0e8w&_r=1
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Ha they make it tough enough on non residents. $100 for tags and deer tags are also lots of $$$. Taxes for non residents also $$$

Habitat, predator control, Jake/gobbler decoy ban. Personally I think they should wait a few years and see how the new regulations put in effect last year work. Not everyone has a shortage of turkeys…
    Not yet. Get your head out of the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Having to hear about how some of y’all “do it the right way” gets pretty old after a while and is probably a big turnoff to some of the people who you’re trying to change their opinion.

Just a thought

I’m taking a 10yr old boy in the morning who has tried very hard all season to kill a bird and we haven’t been able to make it work. If I owned a strutter decoy and a blind we’d camp out all day tomorrow until he killed one or the sun went down on us
    What would that teach him ?

That cheating is a short cut to victory? Fuck that. Gobblers see meant to be called in . If you can’t call him to you, he wins. Period . Dot. If you don’t understand that , you are part of the problem.

The Sport of Wild Turkey hunting has a code . Written or unwritten ? Shouldn’t matter. There IS a right way to do it. Just because you don’t understand or agree with it, doesn’t make it less right. I will be happy to debate this all month.

I hope it does turn people off and they go do something else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post

That cheating is a short cut to victory? Fuck that. Gobblers see meant to be called in . If you can’t call him to you, he wins. Period . Dot. If you don’t understand that , you are part of the problem.

The Sport of Wild Turkey hunting has a code . Written or unwritten ? Shouldn’t matter. There IS a right way to do it. Just because you don’t understand or agree with it, doesn’t make it less right. I will be happy to debate this all month.

You feel better after that childish rant? You can preach whatever you want till you are blue in the face. It’s not going to stop me from hunting from a blind in the middle of a field with a strutting decoy, if that’s the way I choose to do it. You don’t get to be the gospel on what is cheating and what is not, sorry.

I hunt to enjoy myself and spend time with my kids. How that happens as long as it’s legal doesn’t matter to me.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-08-2022 at 08:54 AM.

More people have become much more efficient when it comes to killing turkeys through the evolution of decoys and greater access to information. OnX, instagram and YouTube are likely not going anywhere and while I agree that banning male decoys would help tremendously,, I just don’t see how it can be done. Changes in logging practices, predation, land fragmentation, untimely weather during April/may, bad recruitment, killing adult male turkey turkeys before they’ve had the chance to breed, and many other factors also play a role in this Im sure. A turkey seems to have more pressure on them now than ever before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    We will continue to ignore your childish turkey poet rant and do it the was we like to do it.
    I will continue to look down upon you from the lofty perch of righteousness and moral high ground.

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    You feel better after that childish rant? You can preach whatever you want till you are blue in the face. It’s not going to stop me from hunting from a blind in the middle of a field with a strutting decoy, if that’s the way I choose to do it. You don’t get to be the gospel on what is cheating and what is not, sorry.
    I wonder if you read what you wrote? It read pretty childish to me.

Blinds and strutters are cheating , whether your limited intellect can grasp it or not. Here, let me drop to your level - go fuck yourself.

F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Blinds and strutters are cheating , whether your limited intellect can grasp it or not. Here, let me drop to your level - go fuck yourself.

How exactly did you get to be the dictator of what is cheating and what is not again?

Your right the “go fuck yourself” wasn’t childish at all. Out of one corner of some of yalls mouth y’all want to bitch when the government tries to pass more laws but you don’t mind telling other people how they should be hunting. Seems a little hypocritical to me.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 05-08-2022 at 09:00 AM.

I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t have to kill them to feel successful. If I get one in range, I’m perfectly fine not killing it. My high comes from the excitement right up until I pull the trigger. I’d be perfectly fine with a 1 bird limit.
    867-5309

You don’t have to limit out just because you have the tags.

Agreed. There’s no participation trophy in nature.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

One thing is for sure, we can’t fight amongst ourselves. There is a happy medium somewhere between no decoys at all and crawling with a scoot&shoot. I feel stalking/reaping/fanning should be banned. It’s dangerous.

Maybe we just move the opener later to follow what the Research suggests.

There are studies going on right now about the effectiveness of fanning and decoys.

I bet if our great grandparents had known this kind of banter would be happening, then letting them go extinct 100 years ago would have been the best option. If you want to see them flourish in your neck of the woods manage the land and stop killing them. Anything else that you can come up with cannot be controlled on our watch. Way to much $$$ in the grand scheme of the hunting industry for some to miss an opportunity to cash in on the resource.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    I bet if our great grandparents had known this kind of banter would be happening, then letting them go extinct 100 years ago would have been the best option. If you want to see them flourish in your neck of the woods manage the land and stop killing them. Anything else that you can come up with cannot be controlled on our watch. Way to much $$$ in the grand scheme of the hunting industry for some to miss an opportunity to cash in on the resource.
    If the restocking crews would have known we would be “hunting” them with ultra-realistic decoys and reaping, they wouldn’t have bothered restoring them. What is happening to turkey hunting now is what happened to duck hunting after duck dynasty came out; a bunch of yumyums entering the game that only glorify the kill.

For the people suggesting that the season start later, do you wait till later to start hunting them? Set a self restraining season for yourself? I highly doubt it. I have no dog in the fight. I have killed exactly one turkey. No decoy was used but I am no turkey hunter. Do I wish I could go more? Absolutely but I don't prioritize my time off for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    For the people suggesting that the season start later, do you wait till later to start hunting them? Set a self restraining season for yourself? I highly doubt it. I have no dog in the fight. I have killed exactly one turkey. No decoy was used but I am no turkey hunter. Do I wish I could go more? Absolutely but I don't prioritize my time off for it.
    There may be a few who do so, but I’d bet a dollar to a dime the vast majority does not. I’m not referring to anybody on here at all, just as a generalization. That’s where the .gov will have to step in, “to govern those who cannot govern themselves”

The kid I took this morning has a disability, I wouldn’t consider it cheating for him.
    And if you noticed I said “ if” I had a strutter and ground blind. Maybe there’s a reason I don’t have them
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I love turkey hunting. I’ve like many chased them all over the US. I lack my Gould and that’s coming.

This entire thread will or already turned into a pissing contest. Male decoy is a method, just like all the other methods mentioned. So let’s say the guy that fans one and can’t get it any closer than 65 yard so he shoots it with TSS. Both are effective.

Bottom line is, turkey hunting is the new cool thing. It’s the “new” duck hunting. More people hunt turkeys now than ever.

Outlaw male decoys, TSS, 3 1/2 shotguns or whatever. We however need to protect our resource and as sportsman pull together to do so.

My thoughts are drop to a two bird state to start. I’d be down with taking away male decoys or decoys in general. I very seldom even use one.

As far as the comment on raise you children right… That I’ve done, she hasn’t killed one yet but her day is coming.
    More fuel = more boost!!