Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Lettuce Discuss

I hope your dick falls off

Kidding

that escalated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I sat in and spoke at the senate committee hearings a couple of years ago, and had lengthy conversations with a couple who were on the wildlife committee and involved with the turkey bill in the house. I heard and read DNR’s recommendation that was based on science. More or less, our legislature paid DNR to conduct a study, present results of that study, and make a recommendation. Then, the legislature chose to largely ignore the recommendations. If I remember correctly the DNR target recommended date was April 7. Some joke was made in the hearing about being “tagged out and ready for offshore fishing” by that date.

I would be great starting April 10, with the youth weekend preceding that. 2 bird limit. 1 for non residents. If that is what is needed, lets do it.

I have been surprised how many in this thread have been OK with lowering limits and shortening seasons.

As much as I love turkey hunting, I would be up for a limited lottery draw season or CLOSING the season for a year if that's what it took to get it back on track. We need to fix it now or one day, there may be no season. Then there's the youtube hero that spouts off, every time he crosses a state line and lights up a cigar. That crap hurts the game too..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    What do you want me to do apologize for being pretty?
    No I love it. But it doesn’t make it any less true.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Somebody a few pages back asked who was winning this thread.

It looks like the anti hunters are winning and they haven't fired a shot in this direction.

Yet.

Y'all keep arguing about methods of take and your hunting will die the death of a thousand cuts. First you can't hunt bears/cats with hounds, next no bait, next no bear/cat hunting at all (see California, Washington, Maine, Florida etc).

They. Won't. Stop. Ever.

Just because folks make laws does not mean that you actually have to abide by them.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

thats utter complete bullshit, bog.

move to a third world country and have at it.

here, we make laws for good reason.

I dont live in your utopian society....

hey ralph
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hey 2th

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thats utter complete bullshit, bog.

move to a third world country and have at it.

here, we make laws for good reason.

I dont live in your utopian society....

hey ralph

You tellin me with a strait face that there are laws you don’t knowingly break?

Like for real?

That’s utter bullshit 2th, whether or not you admit it on this forum.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There are a ton of stupid ass laws.

I agree with Forty.

Forty is a whole bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    If I find out it was me you will rue the damn day you made that choice……
    I’m sure it was me..

And my feelings are big hurt..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

So can we shoot turkeys now? Which way to kill the bird is the moral or legal or what way is acceptable now.... I'm still confused. Is it legal if I'm not wear nomad or something like that...
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

What do y’all think about Jake killing? Fine for a young ones first bird but what if they weren’t legal for the rest of us? Wouldn’t that add a bunch of gobbling two year olds to the population? I have killed too many of them years ago but I hope I never kill another one. Do y’all agree or disagree?

In my county (Chester) there were 44 jakes killed out of 214 reported according to the
    game check app. That’s approximately 20 percent jakes. Isn’t that too many. My 70 year old dad killed one of them and he has killed lots of longbeards. I couldn’t believe he shot it. His response to me was the big bird wasn’t coming and they were in his decoys. I was polite about it but just couldn’t believe he shot the Jake. There was a big bird gobbling when he shot.

If I was your 70 yr old father I would give zero fucks what you thought
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

I don’t shoot jakes, however I don’t see the problem with killing one. The net change in the population is the same. It’s not my thing but I could care less if people do it.

Super jakes need to be put in their place I can assure you they taste like turkey
    Last edited by Stumpknocker; 05-12-2022 at 09:47 PM.
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    If I was your 70 yr old father I would give zero fucks what you thought
    Yea, agreed and clearly he doesn’t. He bought the farm, built the house, so agreed he can do whatever he wants. I was just saying damn man, wait it out a little. That’s all. But agreed.