Thread: January 28, 2022 - Thanks joeydpga

Default January 28, 2022 - Thanks joeydpga

I had mentioned to Joeypdga that I loved my Duck Commander Cocobolo Commander-and-Chief duck call but it is very loud and asked if he could make a "timber call" for me. I got up with him mid-way through the season to see and hear the results. I loved the sound of the call (very raspy, not too sharp and somewhat muffled) so I got a hat from him too with the promise that I'd take a picture of the first greenhead I killed with the call.

I spent most of the rest of the duck season after #26 (BBWD or Common Merganser) but I bothered to make it to the lake for a before-work hunt on January 28th this year over a set of mallard decoys. I would love to tell some dramatic story about battling a wild greenhead for possession of his life but the truth is that his talkative girlfriend opened up about 10 minutes prior to daylight. They had roosted several hundred yards away and I would have normally hit them the the DC but thought it was a good chance to test the Tekton. The girl and I talked back and forth a time or two about our morning plans. She brought her boyfriend with her on a morning fly-by and I actually made a good shot.

I had to rush to get to work and by the time I had a few minutes to take a photo, the sun was harsh. Making matters worse, I had shot the eye out of the bird and had to do a lot of photoshop'ping but 8-toed greenheads are hard to come by and I wanted to fulfill a promise.

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Right on!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I love it buddy hope to see more tricked by it this coming season
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

"and I actually made a good shot"
    love it

good stuff
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    "and I actually made a good shot"
    love it

good stuff
    Haha - that's less common than it should be but at my age I'm not expecting to get any better in the future. Too bad I can't take pictures of ducks I should have killed...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.