Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LEAK-Roe vs. Wade to be overturned

Default LEAK-Roe vs. Wade to be overturned

Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows
    "We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled," Justice Alito writes in an initial majority draft circulated inside the court

By JOSH GERSTEIN and ALEXANDER WARD
    05/02/202

The Supreme Court has voted to strike down the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, according to an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito circulated inside the court and obtained by POLITICO.

The draft opinion is a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision – Planned Parenthood v. Casey – that largely maintained the right. “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,” Alito writes.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...inion-00029473

Let’s hope

first leak from SCOTUS that I can recall… interesting timing, the same night as 2,000 Mules premier.
    - its all about controlling the media narrative

willing to wager that the “leaker” is a left wing nobody staffer that will be compensated handsomely in the future, some way or another
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 05-03-2022 at 06:31 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

i aint following this but it sure sounds like a shitshow and possibly not 100% true.

and if it IS true, you're gonna have a states-rights mess with people travelling to cut babies out of their bodies.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Had to release something big to change the narrative of the mid terms, or at least shock the dems to doing something.

Even scotus has become a banana republic.

Quote Originally Posted by wob View Post
    Had to release something big to change the narrative of the mid terms, or at least shock the dems to doing something.
    This. And stacking the court
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSprig View Post
    first leak from SCOTUS that I can recall… interesting timing, the same night as 2,000 Mules premier.
    - its all about controlling the media narrative

willing to wager that the “leaker” is a left wing nobody staffer that will be compensated handsomely in the future, some way or another
    Bingo
    "Pain, or damage don't end the world — or despair, or fu**in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, ......and give some back." -Al Swearingen

By what I can find online (Guttmacher institute study from 2004) 25% of abortions are due to the mother's or fetus' health, 1% are due to rape, and less than .5% are due to incest. This means 73.9% of abortions are due to other reasons (financial, etc.).

So, arguing abortions are about women's health is flawed.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 8.26.25 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by MDman View Post
    This. And stacking the court
    Yep. Look for that and alot of left wing ideas shoved down our throat between now and November.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Abortion isn't birth control....

Period. Dot.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Imagine hanging your next elections hope on the position that women will want to abort their children badly enough to vote for more economic destruction. If that doesn't work, world war will be all they have left to try to stop the bleeding.

If the language in the proposed opinion becomes final it would open the door to leave gun laws up to states if the makeup of the court flips . Guns could be banned in blue states. I don’t see many republicans taking notice of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    If the language in the proposed opinion becomes final it would open the door to leave gun laws up to states if the makeup of the court flips . Guns could be banned in blue states. I don’t see many republicans taking notice of this issue.
    But, gun rights are in the Constitution, abortion, healthcare, and a whole lot of other things are not. The 10th amendment says so. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    Last edited by Geetch; 05-03-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Correct. The It's OK to kill babies Amendment got held up when Adams found out Jefferson's housekeeper was pregnant.

Fuel for the election and riots. And probably a smokescreen for some other bullshit they are trying to slip by us.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and if it IS true, you're gonna have a states-rights mess with people travelling to cut babies out of their bodies.
    Yep. Nothing worse than having to deal with a long commute on your way to kill yer baby. I’ve always said that.

You will never get a nation consensus on abortion either pro or con. Let the states settle it out according to their citizens desires. If you want an abortion move to a state that allows it or you can drive there. If you dont approve move to a stat that prohibits.

For the life of me, I don't get it!! With all the available birth control etc these days, why are they hell bent on killing babies? And how can these same people be so concerned with us being vaxed, dbl vaxed & masked, to keep people safe & alive? They want to keep abortion legal in the name of "my body, my choice", then in the same breath want masks & vax mandates.

"my body, my choice" doesnt work, its thier body but its not legal for them to put illegal drugs in them or do prostitution, or even use thier body to commit other crimes, makes no sense