Thread: Kayaking near Fripp and Hunting Islands

Default Kayaking near Fripp and Hunting Islands

I'm taking the bride down for a combo birthday/Mother's Day weekend (staying at Harbor Island) and looking for ideas for casual kayaking in the area. Planning on putting in for now at the Hunting Island SP ramp and going into the nearby creeks... Some casual catch and release fishin' for mostly trout on my part. She's just paddling. Thanks in advance...

BTW, she's going to be in a small, 8 foot 'yak. Big water not really desired.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Your honest best bet is to sheepshead fish next to the pylons.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

You could try the flounder and spottails in the lagoon on Hunting Island. You will see plenty of Mexicans neck deep somehow throwing a cast net.

Don’t leave any valuables in your vehicle if you put in at Russ Point Landing. If you do put in there go to the right away from the direction of the Fripp bridge. Plenty of creeks to explore and fish that direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk