Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red snapper season

Different stock. Different rules.

thiers arent as "rare" as ours I guess

https://www.carolinasportsman.com/fi...apper-fishery/

May be different than you think. Only thing that stood out to me was it says “ South Carolina waters” which means state waters. (3 miles) not federal. Hard to catch snapper in 20ft….
    "run and gun guide service"

All we can control is our water. I am told there are a few spots. No I will not share the points.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

The entire thing is a disaster. The fact that our Federal regulations are the same as Florida Atlantic is nonsense. Is there nothing that can be done to take some of the power away of the people that are controlling the Federal Regs? It really is comical the season we get here while the Gulf is enjoying a reasonable season where I would guess they have substantially more anglers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like the snapper season either. Those that say they are everywhere down south, MB and below, need to fish north a lil and give me a report.
    Low country redneck who moved north

North of Myrtle would basically be NC.

I couldn’t less about their snapper fishery

In regards to red snapper in state waters…..

If you build it, they will come.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There are way more snappers in state waters in the gulf (at least Louisiana) then there are here.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    All we can control is our water. I am told there are a few spots. No I will not share the points.
    I know places you can catch 12-16” ARS all day with sight of land, 20” fish is not happening nor will it. FWIW, there isn’t enough meat on a 20” and under fish to deal with.

I’ve said it 1,000 times, the fishery needs a tag system if there isn’t going to be a realistic and viable season. I appreciate the intentions and efforts of the bill but if adhered to, it’s worthless. I’m betting though that the state record for ARS within 3 miles is going to be shattered 100 times this summer.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    North of Myrtle would basically be NC.

I couldn’t less about their snapper fishery

In regards to red snapper in state waters…..

If you build it, they will come.
    I would love to see private built reefs scattered from 50ft to 110ft and from inshore ledges to the stream.

Biomass will follow structure.

If the gulf has figured it out, we can too.

Approved materials, commercial operations deploying, big concrete cones/pyramids etc.

Have regulations of what is approved but if you can line up transport, lay it down.

oil rigs

Needs to be June 1st- August 31st. 2 per person per day or 6 a boat. All waters
    867-5309

Hey DT, get to this, chop chop! I want my OWN reef!

Gentlemen,

There are more keeper snapper and grouper caught off privately made reefs in sight of land than you would ever imagine.

I’ve heard tell that if you were to get yourself 5-6 old dryers, removed the doors and sunk them at an undisclosed location, you could catch them too.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I don't do illegal stuff, I want my own taxed reef!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I’ve said it 1,000 times, the fishery needs a tag system if there isn’t going to be a realistic and viable season.
    The problem with that is that there would only be a few thousand tags for a few hundred thousand fishermen. It's all based around quota and the quota has been TINY... 95% of the tags would go to people in Florida because of the population size and number of SW licenses sold there. So, point being, it would not be like you are expecting it, and it would be even worse than what we have now.

The ONLY real solution is that SC gives SAFMC the finger and red snapper is completely turned over to the state, completely out of federal jurisdiction. And even that is a stretch since most of that old RS data and scientists were from SC waters.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    The problem with that is that there would only be a few thousand tags for a few hundred thousand fishermen. It's all based around quota and the quota has been TINY... 95% of the tags would go to people in Florida because of the population size and number of SW licenses sold there. So, point being, it would not be like you are expecting it, and it would be even worse than what we have now.

The ONLY real solution is that SC gives SAFMC the finger and red snapper is completely turned over to the state, completely out of federal jurisdiction. And even that is a stretch since most of that old RS data and scientists were from SC waters.
    Class action FU. Been saying it for years. Advertise it. Have it well organized. Every boat that can come back to the public dock/boat ramp with ONE, ARS and wait their turn to be checked and everyone chip in on the fine. It would be ridiculous. That's how this thing gets attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Class action FU. Been saying it for years. Advertise it. Have it well organized. Every boat that can come back to the public dock/boat ramp with ONE, ARS and wait their turn to be checked and everyone chip in on the fine. It would be ridiculous. That's how this thing gets attention.
    Except for the fact that the PETA type NGOs are filing class actions daily against SAFMC. That's where the money is. They are way better organized than us smelly fisherman and they have millions of dollars behind them to do nothing else but F with sportsmen.