Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Tropical

Any chance it could get stronger once it hits water again?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Hell yes. Probably not though.

^^^
    Science.

Shark swimming down the street in Florida.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/556159...?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Our warehouse in Orlando closed today and tomorrow. I’ve already seen multiple emails asking for parts to be overnighted Friday for Saturday delivery. I made it a point to respond to every email for those guys to stay safe and let Charlotte know if they needed anything. I swear sympathy is lost and everyone only thinks about the almighty dollar these days. I don’t expect those guys to be back until mid next week and I don’t blame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Euro is usually more accurate, but they have no idea what it will do when it gets back to the Atlantic. High pressure ridge offshore has the WX people convinced it can't head out to sea...
    Is that the ‘ECMWF’ model? I’m looking at https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-28-2022 at 07:21 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Yessir...

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Our warehouse in Orlando closed today and tomorrow. I’ve already seen multiple emails asking for parts to be overnighted Friday for Saturday delivery. I made it a point to respond to every email for those guys to stay safe and let Charlotte know if they needed anything. I swear sympathy is lost and everyone only thinks about the almighty dollar these days. I don’t expect those guys to be back until mid next week and I don’t blame them.
    Southerners don't Southern anymore that is for sure. Seems like the Hellbound shits want to go to Hell...

Had family spend all afternoon in the eye wall of this thing just off Gasparilla island. Storms like this don’t play around

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Southerners don't Southern anymore that is for sure. Seems like the Hellbound shits want to go to Hell...
    Yup. I would say 4 out of 10 people I work with are yankees or foreigners. Not bad people but just don’t have the southern grace I was brought up with.

There’s also 1200+ people on our campus if that tells you anything. Lots of Canadians.
    Last edited by M.R.Ducks; 09-28-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Had family spend all afternoon in the eye wall of this thing just off Gasparilla island. Storms like this don’t play around
    Glad to hear you’re all safe.

JAB, I was afraid you were going to say that.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Not just them. People born, bred, and raised here wouldn't know grace since they built the new bridge...

Bastardi says this will be bad for our coast South of Charleston...

What I am seeing Dirty Myrtle gonna get slammed and I might see a drop or 2. This track is steered by alot of things the news don't show you. Still got my boats in the water in the HOLE
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Y’all know anyone that needs a place to park an RV I got some room. No power hook ups or anything just room. Let me know.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Anyone have any good idea on which of the models have the most accurate track record?

One model puts the eye over Charlotte on Saturday, and two others have it going through the Anderson/Greenville area.

???
    i've been asking this for a couple days! with all the computer technology and all those stupid noodles and the "cone of uncertainty," dont we have a better hold on which model gets it right more often than not? where's rubberhead and some silly spread shit to stop this nonsense!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Looks like it's coming right over 2th's office.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i've been asking this for a couple days! with all the computer technology and all those stupid noodles and the "cone of uncertainty," dont we have a better hold on which model gets it right more often than not? where's rubberhead and some silly spread shit to stop this nonsense!
    Stick with NOAA. They are the ones flying planes into these storms. They know as much or more as anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Little gasparilla island.

Attachment 77886
    That’s Cape haze off coral creek, a few blocks from where family is.

I haven’t heard anything from LGI or gasparilla but bet it’s pretty rough. Hopefully no one rode it out there.

They are moving this morning. Watched this one get clipped by a Honda Civic at about 7am, 400 yards from my house. Luckily it landed in a friends yard and I got in touch with him to finish him off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14