Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airspace above private land

I like the way this ruling went, but what if it leads to folks being able to "fly" over private property at 30 feet with a hovercraft? I've feared that day for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    I like the way this ruling went, but what if it leads to folks being able to "fly" over private property at 30 feet with a hovercraft? I've feared that day for a long time.
    If I could afford one, I’d fly in in a heartbeat. The way you prevent people flying over your land to get to a piece of landlocked public land is to simply give access to that public land.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I don’t want to be piling on or coming across as someone against the private landowners rights. I know ranchers that have public land that’s locked by their land, and I get that they don’t want to grant an easement onto that land when the easement would entail a mile or more of travel on a 2 track smack through their prime hunting land. I honestly don’t understand how the state and BLM own so many acres that are landlocked by private with no easements. At some point, the state either had to purchase or have the land donated to them…either way, the landowner who sold or donated benefited greatly with absolutely nothing gained by the public. Maybe the State sold the land surrounding the public tracts without securing easements; if this is the case, it had to be crooked and should Be thoroughly looked into. I just don’t get the whole landlocked public land situation.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Need to start suing for easement by prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I don’t want to be piling on or coming across as someone against the private landowners rights. I know ranchers that have public land that’s locked by their land, and I get that they don’t want to grant an easement onto that land when the easement would entail a mile or more of travel on a 2 track smack through their prime hunting land. I honestly don’t understand how the state and BLM own so many acres that are landlocked by private with no easements. At some point, the state either had to purchase or have the land donated to them…either way, the landowner who sold or donated benefited greatly with absolutely nothing gained by the public. Maybe the State sold the land surrounding the public tracts without securing easements; if this is the case, it had to be crooked and should Be thoroughly looked into. I just don’t get the whole landlocked public land situation.
    Reminds me of SC Conservation Easements

Private property rights don’t trump public property rights.

A right of way should be provided to all public lands
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Used to be plenty of land locked public land in SC when they had plenty of WMA. Still plenty of landlocked timber. Here is the basic idea for easement in SC.

https://legalbeagle.com/7199640-sout...cked-laws.html
    Last edited by centurian; 05-02-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Sounds like the Iron Bar needs to burn to the ground with the more than likely anti-hunter owners inside
    Probably not anti's. They've been hunting that public land like it's theirs for ever, just because of that airspace law. This is a pretty big win for public hunting.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Private property rights don’t trump public property rights.

A right of way should be provided to all public lands
    but public rights trump private ones?

(i am just playing devils advocate.)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

hippie ass public hunters

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I think it has everything to do with the building of the railroads and the homestead act. I don't think it was done intentionally. I would love to see easements put in place.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    he’s probably a tar heel fan
    We have a BINGO!

Article says the owner graduated from UNC-CH in the early 70's. I guessed that part out without reading.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

Hahaha
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

They graze the shit out of that public land for a tiny fraction of what private pasture costs. They also hunt it commercially. I killed my first WY antelope on BLM about three miles from a small access point a county road intersected. Pre ONX and YouTube this was a great way to hunt some of the easy to draw units. As I was cutting him up for the pack out, a rancher drives up with his paying client wanting to know how I got there. I told him where I walked in from. He wasn’t happy but there wasn’t shit he could do about it . He had driven in on a two track coming off of the ranch onto BLM to get his hunter on that buck. He didn’t figure anyone would walk in that far to kill one. His dude was really friendly and surprised to find out he was paying to hunt public. There are millions of acres landlocked taxpayer owned land that is the private playground of folks that reap the benefits for damn near free. IMO they should have to provide an easement in return for the benefit of cheap grazing. There is some fantastic deer and antelope hunting in NE WY that could be accessed easily by crossing less than 100 yards of private on an existing road, nowhere near the middle of their property.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    A hovercraft capable of hovering at thirty feet… never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Used to be plenty of land locked public land in SC when they had plenty of WMA. Still plenty of landlocked timber. Here is the basic idea for easement in SC.

https://legalbeagle.com/7199640-sout...cked-laws.html
    I hunt a few places in SC like this. Got permission from the adjoining landowner to park and walk across their “strip” of land. Been told no quite a few more times than yes. However, one of the farmers that said yes said he ran truck after truck off because they just did it without asking. Me and one other guy have sole permission to use his place for access, solely because we took the time to pull up in his yard and have a conversation with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr