Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airspace above private land

Default Airspace above private land

May have been posted but didn’t see it anywhere, kinda strange charges.
    https://cowboystatedaily.com/2022/04...jOmjVPXqKckuqk

Sounds like the Iron Bar needs to burn to the ground with the more than likely anti-hunter owners inside
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Love to hear the other side of that crazy story...

https://www.wyomingnews.com/rawlinst...7c9fba81c.html

The owner is a hunter from NC. This article explains it better. He is just greedy and wants to shutoff access to all public land that his ranch abuts/surounds. Even if the only surround is at a survey corner. You can literally step from public parcel to parcel at a corner and never touch private land.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 04-30-2022 at 05:27 AM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

All four men were found not guilty yesterday. Jury deliberated for less than an hour. This is a huge precedent and a win for public land hunters.

just another republican asshole millionaire from NC

he’s probably a tar heel fan
    Windows Down!

Crazy

So they brought a ladder to “cross over” a corner?!

Would someone really care if someone walked 6 inches over their land?! This landowner obv

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Crazy

So they brought a ladder to “cross over” a corner?!

Would someone really care if someone walked 6 inches over their land?! This landowner obv
    My thoughts too. Very petty either way

The landowner drove in two t-post and strung a chain between them so no one could corner cross without going over it or around it.

Seems like that chain would cross over public airspace if that’s the way he wants to play

Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Sounds like the Iron Bar needs to burn to the ground with the more than likely anti-hunter owners inside
    Not anti hunters. This is a big problem out here. Private owners bought land gridded out that way to get the max for their money. There is no established law saying it is legal or illegal to corner cross. The ranch owners that decided to buy land parcels with the idea that corner crossings would be illegal and they would therefore own all the land they purchased and have sole access to the public lands that are corner locked were rolling the dice that their power and influence would always have the law siding with them. It was a gamble, and nearly everyone is thrilled to see these guys stand up and fight the charges in a court of law. It was a big win, and despite them saying it was not precedent setting, it will certainly embolden more hunters to step through the "airspace" of these corners to go from public to public. I don't see the Wyoming DNR wanting to waste a ton of money fighting what looks to be a losing cause in a pile of cases, and I don't think they will want to waste the time they should be spending elsewhere writing bogus violations because a dood with 4K acres does not want someone hunting the public land next to them. This was big.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

For annexation purposes land that meets in a diagonal fashion is considered contiguous even if a road separates them.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Yes indeed, this has been simmering for a long time, and this case has been closely watched. I'm glad they won. What I don't get is, why use a " ladder like device"? Why not just step over the corner? I guess it was for some type of vehicle, but typical poor reporting doesn't mention that significant fact.

Sounds like a new product is brewing. Just needs a catchy name!

Lawful ladder, corner catapult… I’m sure someone on here can come up with something more creative

Another festering issue out west is public tracts completely surrounded by private. No corners at all.

If I were king, I'd put a public easement the width of a pickup truck on every 4 way corner out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    If I were king, I'd put a public easement the width of a pickup truck on every 4 way corner out there.
    Ditto.

If it’s public, it should have guaranteed access to the public.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Sounds like a new product is brewing. Just needs a catchy name!

Lawful ladder, corner catapult… I’m sure someone on here can come up with something more creative
    I don't know man... that's pretty catchy right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The landowner drove in two t-post and strung a chain between them so no one could corner cross without going over it or around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    Yes indeed, this has been simmering for a long time, and this case has been closely watched. I'm glad they won. What I don't get is, why use a " ladder like device"? Why not just step over the corner? I guess it was for some type of vehicle, but typical poor reporting doesn't mention that significant fact.
    See above. Only way they could do it and not touch his dirt.