Thread: Illinois

Default Illinois

At least that's where the processor is.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

My brother and I were talking about best deer states Saturday,,, Illinois would be my first pick to buy land in if I won the lottery
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Been a goodun next year
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    My brother and I were talking about best deer states Saturday,,, Illinois would be my first pick to buy land in if I won the lottery
    Good way to give most the remaining amount to the govt so you can fling arrows and a slug.

I had an offer to join an archery only club with a pile of river bottom land and adjacent hills in SE Illinois along the Mississippi/Ohio rivers (I think…maybe Missouri River there?) right after moving to Indiana. It was a 2,500/year, low membership number, low hunting pressure, BIG freaking deer, not too far to drive opportunity that I passed on not realizing someone else would have to die or quit for the opportunity to come up again for some lucky hunter. I was just out of school with 230K student loan debt and a 6 month old baby boy, so I passed. Some life mistakes are tougher to take than others, and that one has kept me from watching YouTube hunts from Illinois to this day.

For 6 years, the PA that put me up for the spot would pull up pics not unlike the one in this thread whenever a member would kill. If I remember correctly, there was a stiff penalty for shooting anything under 155”. Oh…it still freaking hurts!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

How is the non-resident tag policy?

IDk…but I think the main issue with Illinois for OOS is access.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Shoulda let that one walk.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

My college roommate ran an arrow thru a stud in Illinois a few days ago.

Absolute monster

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I had an offer to join an archery only club with a pile of river bottom land and adjacent hills in SE Illinois along the Mississippi/Ohio rivers (I think…maybe Missouri River there?) right after moving to Indiana. It was a 2,500/year, low membership number, low hunting pressure, BIG freaking deer, not too far to drive opportunity that I passed on not realizing someone else would have to die or quit for the opportunity to come up again for some lucky hunter. I was just out of school with 230K student loan debt and a 6 month old baby boy, so I passed. Some life mistakes are tougher to take than others, and that one has kept me from watching YouTube hunts from Illinois to this day.

For 6 years, the PA that put me up for the spot would pull up pics not unlike the one in this thread whenever a member would kill. If I remember correctly, there was a stiff penalty for shooting anything under 155”. Oh…it still freaking hurts!
    Man, I did the same thing. Sounds like nearly the same club and setup only mine had the Wabash river running through it. I was facing my second back surgery and knew I wouldn't be hunting in 2019 so I passed it up. Wish I had paid and just ate it in 2019.......damn it
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.