Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SC Restaurants get accolades

Any uh y'all remember the steak specials at Breck's on Rivers Avenue? Good times.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

No no. Gotta be ranch.

Foots mentioned in another thread about name-dropping. These restaurant threads feel eerily similar...
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

No they don't

Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    You’ve got to remember a lot if these rednecks put ketchup in their grits and worry far to much about the price and too little about the experience.
    Yeah, we call those guys cocksuckers around here.

Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Are you girls going in there and ordering bullshit like mrtroy4?

I go to Hall’s or 225 and I get a glass of single malt or two, a bottle of Zinfandel or two, and the biggest ribeye on the menu. Explain to me how that isn’t awesome.

Yes, all of that, and the seafood tower deal, and some other appetizers.

It was good, it wasn’t $1000+ good though.

And we went with a Malbec over Zinfandel.

Why does everybody from Ohio come here?
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    Meh... I wouldn't say that either. I guess its personal preference. Most of the high dollar places have all seemed to go downhill in the past few years though. There isn't a steak I've eaten out lately that I don't think I couldn't have had any better on my grill at home.
    Agreed.

It is rare I get a steak that's seasoned correctly, (meaning not covered in some concoction that takes over the flavor of the meat) and cooked to my preferred temp. Hell the last $60 steak I had out I ordered the ribeye and got the strip and it was an ugly strip at that and I refuse to spend that kind of money and have to suffer through eating it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I just want my steaks seasoned with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, cooked to temp, and not have butter or other bullshit seasoning or sauce put on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I just want my steaks seasoned with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, cooked to temp, and not have butter or other bullshit seasoning or sauce put on it.
    My papa always said if your beef needs more than salt and pepper your beef is shitty.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    With Kraft honey mustard salad dressing.
    Their Q sauce with those little dehydrated onions in it is in more than a few refrigerators on this site.

I'm not a big fan of going to steak restaurants in general. If I pay someone else to cook for me, I want something I don't know how to cook or something that is more complicated to cook than I am willing to attempt. I do the easy stuff myself. Damn near any idiot can cook a great steak if they buy a good cut and pay attention when grilling it. On top of that, it doesn't make a big mess in the kitchen that I have to clean up. Steak night to me is when I want to eat a good, easy meal and relax at home.

The best meal(s) I've had in Charleston have consistently come from 82 Queen, and specifically their Roast Duck with Shrimp & Grits. Most of the other places seemed to be more like tourist traps.

There used to be a great crab place right across the bridge in Mt. Pleasant down at the docks, but don't recall the name or if it's still there. That was 20+ years back.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'