Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 GM active fuel management

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Because they ride good and look really cool. Which are really the only 2 factors to consider when truck shopping. They are all going to break.
    They may all break, but you don't see Tundra owners having to pay thousands to "bulletproof" them.

Pay $60k for a truck then have to shell out $10k just to make it half way dependable.
    Last edited by StrutnBPS; 04-26-2022 at 01:41 PM.

I have a 2500 hd. HD stands for hardly dependable. Everything that tears up costs big bucks to repair.
    But I still won't drive a Ford and I pull a trailer damn near everyday and tundras only come in half ton.

Last 2 Silverado’s I’ve had, 2018 and 2020, can’t even make it through oil change intervals without me needing to add oil once they get over 40,000 miles. I think this is my last Chevy as well

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Last 2 Silverado’s I’ve had, 2018 and 2020, can’t even make it through oil change intervals without me needing to add oil once they get over 40,000 miles. I think this is my last Chevy as well
    Have you disabled AFM? That's most likely the issue if not.

Default 2015 GM active fuel management

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    Tahoe did it recently at 68k miles or so. Added a quart of oil, changed it 3 days later and that shit was traded/gone the next week. Wife was driving it mostly and went with a jap lexus. Tired of the BS with chevy.

And I did cut the AFM off but only after the 60k warranty was up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 04-27-2022 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    They may all break, but you don't see Tundra owners having to pay thousands to "bulletproof" them.

Pay $60k for a truck then have to shell out $10k just to make it half way dependable.
    Ford 6.0 diesel comes to mind
    More fuel = more boost!!