Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: GM 3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel I6

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    My wifes 2018 Tahoe gets 25 mpg on the way to the beach.
    Yea, but it's all downhill. What do you get going back?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

    "Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Hey everybody, in case y'all didn't know, Salty hates General Motors.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    19,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Yea, but it's all downhill. What do you get going back?
    LOL....

    Changing that torque converter, disabled AFM, and that A2Z tuning has put in the mid 20's

    The tune is prob most responsible for better fuel.
    More fuel = more boost!!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    19,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Hey everybody, in case y'all didn't know, Salty hates General Motors.....
    with a passion
    More fuel = more boost!!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    All jokes aside, a GMC 1500 AT4 is on my short list for what I'm replacing this F-250 with so I've been doing a good bit of research on this babymax. I'm gonna give it some time before I make a decision since it's still fairly new, but everything I've seen so far has been positive. Outperforms everything else offered in a half ton truck and also has slightly better performance (all things considered) than Ford's gas 7.3 everybody is so crazy about
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    I don't understand the market for a half ton truck in a diesel motor. You get all the issues that come with new diesel engines without the pulling capacity of a 3/4 ton truck. Seems like you just get good fuel mileage (which is offset by the other costs of owning a diesel)

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I don't understand the market for a half ton truck in a diesel motor. You get all the issues that come with new diesel engines without the pulling capacity of a 3/4 ton truck. Seems like you just get good fuel mileage (which is offset by the other costs of owning a diesel)
    While I agree with this, some of the mileage numbers I've heard are crazy. I was told that a company in canada has already cracked the code and has a delete available for it. Numbers north of 50 MPG.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    While I agree with this, some of the mileage numbers I've heard are crazy. I was told that a company in canada has already cracked the code and has a delete available for it. Numbers north of 50 MPG.....
    Maybe so, but I'd be hard pressed to gamble fuel mileage that can be easily offset by a $10,000 repair bill. I guess if you drive a lot of miles and will only keep it 2-3 years I can see the appeal.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    20,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Maybe so, but I'd be hard pressed to gamble fuel mileage that can be easily offset by a $10,000 repair bill. I guess if you drive a lot of miles and will only keep it 2-3 years I can see the appeal.
    Don't disagree at all, that's my biggest concern with it. It's also interesting to note that the DMax is $3000 cheaper on the build sheet than the 6.2. Maybe they aren't selling as many as they thought they would?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Newberry SC
    Posts
    3,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Don't disagree at all, that's my biggest concern with it. It's also interesting to note that the DMax is $3000 cheaper on the build sheet than the 6.2. Maybe they aren't selling as many as they thought they would?
    Been that way since day one.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    FROG LEVEL
    Posts
    21,986

    Default

    Having major trouble with the 6.2. Lifters I think
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pawleys Island
    Posts
    34,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    All jokes aside, a GMC 1500 AT4 is on my short list for what I'm replacing this F-250 with so I've been doing a good bit of research on this babymax. I'm gonna give it some time before I make a decision since it's still fairly new, but everything I've seen so far has been positive. Outperforms everything else offered in a half ton truck and also has slightly better performance (all things considered) than Ford's gas 7.3 everybody is so crazy about

    Get it and let’s hook them up.

    And if you’re going to hate something, don’t do it half assed.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.


    You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rock Hill SC
    Posts
    8,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Been that way since day one.
    when I got mine in March the 6.2 was 500 more than the duramax. Now its a few thousand. I have a 2022 non refresh model

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    733

    Default

    I’ve got a ‘21 AT4 with the 5.3 and a camper shell. Family vacation last week from Charlotte to Kitty Hawk, 1k+ miles round trip. Highway to and from, town driving while there. Averaged 19.9mpg from driveway to driveway. It averaged 20.6 to and from Kansas last year, but sadly I won’t get to calculate that trip again this year.

    To me that’s plenty good MPG and don’t have the additional headaches that come with a baby diesel. I shopped all 3 motors when I bought it, and would likely choose the 5.3 if I were buying again today.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Tires or suspension upgrades?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

    --------------------------------------------------

    "Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

    "I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ridgeville
    Posts
    3,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    All jokes aside, a GMC 1500 AT4 is on my short list for what I'm replacing this F-250 with so I've been doing a good bit of research on this babymax. I'm gonna give it some time before I make a decision since it's still fairly new, but everything I've seen so far has been positive. Outperforms everything else offered in a half ton truck and also has slightly better performance (all things considered) than Ford's gas 7.3 everybody is so crazy about
    This bitch is thirsty! Ridgeville to FayetteNam today. 7.3 4.30 gears empty. Historically it read .5 better than hand calculation too.

    27583DCE-CA8B-4827-8BC4-11BABAD53315.jpg
    Last edited by wdhigh; 06-23-2022 at 04:20 PM.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pawleys Island
    Posts
    34,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    This bitch is thirsty! Ridgeville to FayetteNam today. 7.3 4.30 gears empty. Historically it read .5 better than hand calculation too.

    27583DCE-CA8B-4827-8BC4-11BABAD53315.jpg
    It’s a 7.3L truck engine, that’s respectable. Heck it’s better than my ‘18 Tundra or ‘99 LC.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.


    You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ridgeville
    Posts
    3,251

    Default

    I’m not disagreeing, just stating it’s more thirsty than a diesel.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Horry, SC
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    I’ve got a ‘21 AT4 with the 5.3 and a camper shell. Family vacation last week from Charlotte to Kitty Hawk, 1k+ miles round trip. Highway to and from, town driving while there. Averaged 19.9mpg from driveway to driveway. It averaged 20.6 to and from Kansas last year, but sadly I won’t get to calculate that trip again this year.

    To me that’s plenty good MPG and don’t have the additional headaches that come with a baby diesel. I shopped all 3 motors when I bought it, and would likely choose the 5.3 if I were buying again today.
    Do you have stock tires?

    I averaged 16 mpg round trip to Colorado with 34 inch trail grapplers out of my 2018 5.3 with a performance tune and AFM delete. 12 mpg round trip to Kentucky pulling a 16ft boat.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Do you have stock tires?

    I averaged 16 mpg round trip to Colorado with 34 inch trail grapplers out of my 2018 5.3 with a performance tune and AFM delete. 12 mpg round trip to Kentucky pulling a 16ft boat.
    Bone stock except the camper shell. It’s only got like 22k miles on it now. Mine has the 10sp trans. When these tires wear out I’ll take it to kevin and have him put on the biggest toyo that’ll fit without a level. From some light reading on the internet a level and bigger tires suck the mileage out of the AT4 with a quickness.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •