Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GM 3.0L Duramax Turbo-Diesel I6

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    My wifes 2018 Tahoe gets 25 mpg on the way to the beach.
    Yea, but it's all downhill. What do you get going back?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Hey everybody, in case y'all didn't know, Salty hates General Motors.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Yea, but it's all downhill. What do you get going back?
    LOL....

Changing that torque converter, disabled AFM, and that A2Z tuning has put in the mid 20's

The tune is prob most responsible for better fuel.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Hey everybody, in case y'all didn't know, Salty hates General Motors.....
    with a passion
    More fuel = more boost!!

All jokes aside, a GMC 1500 AT4 is on my short list for what I'm replacing this F-250 with so I've been doing a good bit of research on this babymax. I'm gonna give it some time before I make a decision since it's still fairly new, but everything I've seen so far has been positive. Outperforms everything else offered in a half ton truck and also has slightly better performance (all things considered) than Ford's gas 7.3 everybody is so crazy about
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I don't understand the market for a half ton truck in a diesel motor. You get all the issues that come with new diesel engines without the pulling capacity of a 3/4 ton truck. Seems like you just get good fuel mileage (which is offset by the other costs of owning a diesel)

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I don't understand the market for a half ton truck in a diesel motor. You get all the issues that come with new diesel engines without the pulling capacity of a 3/4 ton truck. Seems like you just get good fuel mileage (which is offset by the other costs of owning a diesel)
    While I agree with this, some of the mileage numbers I've heard are crazy. I was told that a company in canada has already cracked the code and has a delete available for it. Numbers north of 50 MPG.....

While I agree with this, some of the mileage numbers I've heard are crazy. I was told that a company in canada has already cracked the code and has a delete available for it. Numbers north of 50 MPG.....
    Maybe so, but I'd be hard pressed to gamble fuel mileage that can be easily offset by a $10,000 repair bill. I guess if you drive a lot of miles and will only keep it 2-3 years I can see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Maybe so, but I'd be hard pressed to gamble fuel mileage that can be easily offset by a $10,000 repair bill. I guess if you drive a lot of miles and will only keep it 2-3 years I can see the appeal.
    Don't disagree at all, that's my biggest concern with it. It's also interesting to note that the DMax is $3000 cheaper on the build sheet than the 6.2. Maybe they aren't selling as many as they thought they would?

Don't disagree at all, that's my biggest concern with it. It's also interesting to note that the DMax is $3000 cheaper on the build sheet than the 6.2. Maybe they aren't selling as many as they thought they would?
    Been that way since day one.

Having major trouble with the 6.2. Lifters I think
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

All jokes aside, a GMC 1500 AT4 is on my short list for what I'm replacing this F-250 with so I've been doing a good bit of research on this babymax. I'm gonna give it some time before I make a decision since it's still fairly new, but everything I've seen so far has been positive. Outperforms everything else offered in a half ton truck and also has slightly better performance (all things considered) than Ford's gas 7.3 everybody is so crazy about

Get it and let’s hook them up.

And if you’re going to hate something, don’t do it half assed.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Been that way since day one.
    when I got mine in March the 6.2 was 500 more than the duramax. Now its a few thousand. I have a 2022 non refresh model

I’ve got a ‘21 AT4 with the 5.3 and a camper shell. Family vacation last week from Charlotte to Kitty Hawk, 1k+ miles round trip. Highway to and from, town driving while there. Averaged 19.9mpg from driveway to driveway. It averaged 20.6 to and from Kansas last year, but sadly I won’t get to calculate that trip again this year.

To me that’s plenty good MPG and don’t have the additional headaches that come with a baby diesel. I shopped all 3 motors when I bought it, and would likely choose the 5.3 if I were buying again today.

Tires or suspension upgrades?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

This bitch is thirsty! Ridgeville to FayetteNam today. 7.3 4.30 gears empty. Historically it read .5 better than hand calculation too.

27583DCE-CA8B-4827-8BC4-11BABAD53315.jpg
    Last edited by wdhigh; 06-23-2022 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    This bitch is thirsty! Ridgeville to FayetteNam today. 7.3 4.30 gears empty. Historically it read .5 better than hand calculation too.

27583DCE-CA8B-4827-8BC4-11BABAD53315.jpg
    It’s a 7.3L truck engine, that’s respectable. Heck it’s better than my ‘18 Tundra or ‘99 LC.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’m not disagreeing, just stating it’s more thirsty than a diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    I’ve got a ‘21 AT4 with the 5.3 and a camper shell. Family vacation last week from Charlotte to Kitty Hawk, 1k+ miles round trip. Highway to and from, town driving while there. Averaged 19.9mpg from driveway to driveway. It averaged 20.6 to and from Kansas last year, but sadly I won’t get to calculate that trip again this year.

To me that’s plenty good MPG and don’t have the additional headaches that come with a baby diesel. I shopped all 3 motors when I bought it, and would likely choose the 5.3 if I were buying again today.
    Do you have stock tires?

I averaged 16 mpg round trip to Colorado with 34 inch trail grapplers out of my 2018 5.3 with a performance tune and AFM delete. 12 mpg round trip to Kentucky pulling a 16ft boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Do you have stock tires?

I averaged 16 mpg round trip to Colorado with 34 inch trail grapplers out of my 2018 5.3 with a performance tune and AFM delete. 12 mpg round trip to Kentucky pulling a 16ft boat.
    Bone stock except the camper shell. It’s only got like 22k miles on it now. Mine has the 10sp trans. When these tires wear out I’ll take it to kevin and have him put on the biggest toyo that’ll fit without a level. From some light reading on the internet a level and bigger tires suck the mileage out of the AT4 with a quickness.