Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insigator's Maiden Trolling Run

Default Insigator's Maiden Trolling Run

Left outta St. Johns just before six. Ride out was a bit bumpy, but we got there okay. Steady action all day with an assortment of bonitos and BFT's, as well as the daymaker below. Y'all can decide for yourselves how much it weighed; I know better than to stoke that pissin' match.

Moved about 20 miles inshore and bailed triggers (and endangered ARS) until it wasn't fun anymore. Sea laid down, and we "cruised" back to the hill at 52mph. Captain chewed-a$$ like my wife all day, but I did manage to walk thirteen miles onboard in the process, so I got my "exercise". Most satisfying part was being able to get the nephew on his first offshore trip and fish. Good times on a pretty sea.

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Nice.

Looks like fun and nice wahoo. Surprised to not see any dolphin. I know a lot were caught yesterday.
    More Ducks, Less People

Really nice wahoo!

Seeing that basket of triggers reminds me of working in the gulf. As a young roustabout, I was told you couldn't eat them because they were highly toxic. Glad I know better now.

Are Bonito fish big?

that ugly mofo is holding a right nice wahoo
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

They are what’s called a trophy fish. So, yeah, they’re pretty big. What’s this guy’s deal???

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Are Bonito fish big?

That looks like a perfect day. I’d love to be out there.

And I didn’t realize Jos. A. Banks sold fishing shirts.

Heck of a day on the water!

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    That looks like a perfect day. I’d love to be out there.

And I didn’t realize Jos. A. Banks sold fishing shirts.
    Ha, never been there. I prefer Aftco instead.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Time to upgrade to a matching set of rods!

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Time to upgrade to a matching set of rods!
    He's got TLD's, Tyrnos's and FOUR Talica 25's. Unfortunately the fish seemed to prefer the first two to the latter.

Nice boat Bart!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Are Bonito fish big?
    Don't interrupt the man when he's telling a story.
    Formerly DM88

We sucked yesterday compared to everyone down south of us. Came home with 6 dolphin and a wahoo about half the size of that one. First 20 miles out wasn't bad at all then the next 30 were quite brutal. Ride home made up for it though. Fished from royal terrace out to a little past 380. All our fish were caught between 200-500'.

Very Nice!
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

What time were y’all coming back in through Wappoo?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    What time were y’all coming back in through Wappoo?
    Between 5:00 and 6:00 I believe. Captain was blasting the hip-hops on the stereo if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    We sucked yesterday compared to everyone down south of us. Came home with 6 dolphin and a wahoo about half the size of that one. First 20 miles out wasn't bad at all then the next 30 were quite brutal. Ride home made up for it though. Fished from royal terrace out to a little past 380. All our fish were caught between 200-500'.
    Everything you said, without the dolphin for us. We saw several boats comin' back from the south as well. And I'd personally take (6) dolphinfish over a stud 'hoo. More meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Between 5:00 and 6:00 I believe. Captain was blasting the hip-hops on the stereo if that helps.
    Yeah I saw y’all from coburg.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler