Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gobbling report

Default Gobbling report

Been real good up until this weekend at my club.

Fairfield Co, 3000ac contiguous, light pressure, good many gobblers left.

Hunted Fri (daylight - noon) Sat (10am-2:00), today (10am-1:30).

Covered a lot of ground trying to strike one up….did not hear a bird all weekend.

Who hunted Fairfield and what did you hear?

I was in Richland just S of Fairfield yesterday. I heard 2 but was on a place that I should hear more. Only one of those 2 remains
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I was in Richland just S of Fairfield yesterday. I heard 2 but was on a place that I should hear more. Only one of those 2 remains
    Those birds have been really quiet all season. I had 7 on camera in early March, plus 5-6 jakes. They don’t say much up there.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I hunted Saturday from dark to dark. Not one gobble.

I am a county to the East of you but also had a rough weekend. Hunted 3 different tracts in 3 days and didn't hear a bird on them. It was good prior to this weekend.

Been a great season so far but definitely slower this weekend. Watched one die yesterday and he only gobbled once. Had one gobble 3 times this morning. Saw first poults yesterday. It’s pretty much over
    80-20 Genaration

I didn’t hear much of anything the first week or 2 and now they won’t shut up. Guess it just depends on where you’re at. I counted 12 different birds on Friday morning, all on neighboring properties to the small 50 AC field I was on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    I didn’t hear much of anything the first week or 2 and now they won’t shut up. Guess it just depends on where you’re at. I counted 12 different birds on Friday morning, all on neighboring properties to the small 50 AC field I was on.

I am having this situation right here. They were quiet yesterday morning but other than that they have been on fire since the 14th. Listened to a bird gobble 300 times between 6:05 and 7:00 3 mornings in a row. It was the same bird.

I haven’t had much luck on gobbling birds this year. I killed one Wednesday that came straight to me and never gobble. Went yesterday pretty much same story lots of turkeys doing turkey things just not much gobbling.

i heard gobbles in fairfield saturday.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Same again this morning. I was setup against the last brushy area on a fence row and a Tom came out in the field corner about 200 yds above me. He never gobbled until a hen on the other side of the fence hung him up at 75 yds. He gobbled at her 2 or 3 times, never at me. They chased each other up and down the fence for an hour as I was trying to piss off the hen and fire her up in hopes she would bring him my way but no luck. The whole while, birds were firing off everywhere in all directions.

Turkeys gobbled well where I was in Newberry County this weekend. I hadn't heard much on this particular tract the entire season, but they were on fire Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday there was less gobbling on the ground than Saturday, but still got to watch my 10 year old kill one.

My tract has sucked all year but now all of a sudden we’re hearing some pretty good gobbling. Southern Greenville county.

Been hit or miss in Fairfield county for me. Only heard one bird gobble on the roost all season. All the gobbling I have heard has been after 8:30. Heard 3 different birds this morning. One gobbled all the way up to the gun barrel at 9:45.

I heard over 200 gobbles this morning on public and don’t even have a dead bird to prove it….

Sometimes they gobble, sometimes they don’t, they can be killed at anytime, any day, regardless of gobbling.

Very quiet this year, only managed one so far. I don't know wtf is wrong.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Only heard maybe 4 gobbles all morning and at a distance. Complete 180 of what I’ve been hearing. Maybe the front shut them up? Did see 3 hens but no strutters with them.

Blew the tops out of the trees then silence after flydown. Seen a Jake with 2 hens in a field as I was leaving this morning.
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 04-27-2022 at 02:59 PM.

I had friends in town from the Mississippi delta last week that I swap a duck hunt with. We hunted Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of last week. We have done this for the last 13 years. This was by far the worst week of hunting we have had in those 13 years. We hunted 4 different tracts in Spartanburg county. They only gobbled on the roost. Maybe 2 gobbles all week on the ground. Less birds than normal and way less encounters. Jakes weren't even interested. I hope it was an anomaly.
    I went again this morning and had one gobble 5 times on the roost and that was it. Never saw or heard him again.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Very quiet this year, only managed one so far. I don't know wtf is wrong.
    "maybe you just suck at it"
    Gene Simmons
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.