Thread: Offshore Adventures

Its good to be a Fischer. Today they caught a 40lb wahoo, a 200lb blue and then they speared a snapper and a dolphin. Those guys and gal rock!

Right now I'm listening to that dooooshbag Norm Isaacs talk about battlewagons this and epic battles that. Too much crowd pleasing testosterone for me. Lock and load he says...what the f@&k! Oh yeah, how bout the stickers on the gunnels...total assmasters bullshit! Next thing you know they'll all be wearing matching tackyassed NASCAR looking clothing. Sometimes commercialization sucks!

Sorry bout the rant but its been a little quiet on here lately.

Norm is a little "cheesy". The BXRL that he hosts is pretty awesome though. http://www.billfishingxtreme.com/

What's the deal on Darrin Isaacs? He does'nt seem to be as bad as his old man.

LMAO Whistle! I'm with ya, brother. I hope I don't live to see the day 45 foot boats have tackle makers' logos emblazoned across the deck. How far away can it be?

Originally posted by Low Country Sandlapper:
    LMAO Whistle! I'm with ya, brother. I hope I don't live to see the day 45 foot boats have tackle makers' logos emblazoned across the deck. How far away can it be?
    Unfortunately it is'nt far away as long as these tournaments keep generating more $$ and more recognition.

The format for those tournaments is pretty neat. I like the all release and extra points for circle hooks but then I see a guy trying to snatch the hook from a white at boatside and I spill a glass of limeaid as I jump ten feet off the fucking couch! Its called a Palm Beach release and it is hard on the fish...to say the least. If you're gonna televise the shit, everyone on board needs to be re-educated about what is acceptable and what is not.

And what I REALLY love is all those morons screaming to the top of their lungs every time a fish comes into the spread. Back when I used to fish a lot of tournaments I would give people hell for yelling. I hate screamers.

Whistle - eazy cowboy, I've seen plenty of screaming on the boat with you on it. Even though it may have been the two directing our attention at Rubbahead.

And I'm all for the Nascarization of the sport. Only problem is that there isn't enough $$$s in it at this point for that to really take off. Maybe one day.
    Carla Dee

Originally posted by Carla Dee:
    I've seen plenty of screaming on the boat with you on it.
    Bullshit! You heard nothing of the sort out of me. If anyone was yelling it was your idol, Fonzerelli. I never have time to yell cause I'm the only ****** doing anything!

Originally posted by Carla Dee:
    And I'm all for the Nascarization of the sport. Only problem is that there isn't enough $$$s in it at this point for that to really take off. Maybe one day.
    Tell me that I'm reading this wrong. You are such a dork! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ya know, you might be right... I think that you were too busy tying "100% Knots" to do much else [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

And as far as NASCAR goes, let's take a second and look at this again... if BXRL = Nextel Cup
    we might have good jobs, not real jobs.

#97 - Busch is the Best

Good point there CD.

So what you're saying is that you commend me for trying to make do when the proper crimping tool is not available and that you'd rather be fishing than wishing?

BTW, that was a big friggin fish wasn't it!

Just stroking you there, Fush. She was grown... I think that my hand still burns from her smoking that POS Fin Nor 80. And what a day with the tunas...
    Carla Dee

a friend of mine went out and taged a 80 pound wahoo, when he went to gaff it it got hit by a shark and they only pulled it in with 30 pds. that sucks. another one of my friends went out and they just got a new rod and reel and it ripped out of a rodholder when a dolphin hit the line. later on they got another hit and it was the same dolphin as earlier
    \"If there brown there down, if they fly they die!!!\" shoot em up

Originally posted by duck hunter 143:
    a friend of mine went out and taged a 80 pound wahoo, when he went to gaff it it got hit by a shark and they only pulled it in with 30 pds. that sucks. another one of my friends went out and they just got a new rod and reel and it ripped out of a rodholder when a dolphin hit the line. later on they got another hit and it was the same dolphin as earlier
    [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]