Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphones/ear buds

Default Headphones/ear buds

What ya got? I recently washed a pair of wireless earbuds (skull candy) that I was pretty happy with but towards the end I felt like they wouldnt get loud enough and my hearing is fine. May have to do with sweating my ass off with them on, moisture, etc.

I was considering some of those bone conduction pairs next to keep stuff out of my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use the regular apple earbuds with the cord. I don't really want blue tooth anything hanging out that close to my brain.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

The ear buds give me a headache. I’ll go phone on speaker unless I’m in a public place.

I have a pair of Bose that I wear while I work. A lot more comfortable than any of the hard plastic ones. Battery life is about a 5 hours of continuous listening, they re-charge quickly. I like them
    Formerly DM88

If you have an iPhone and want Bluetooth. Can’t go wrong with the AirPods. Mainly for the comparability and their noise canceling is very good as far as headphones goes.

I have the TOZO-T6 and they have been great. They are waterproof as well. I wear them 6-8 hours a day cutting grass rain or shine and have had no issues. Battery lasts 3-4 days between charges as well.

I got some from Dolla Gentral for $20
    After about 3 months they haven’t missed a beat
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Recently got the bose noise canceling.

They are 10x more comfortable than the cheaper pairs I've had.

My wirehair ate a set, the others I bought I didn't like long term in place.

I thought about the skull candy or the sig sauer supression bluetooths.
    Last edited by scdiver; 04-21-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Recently got the bose noise canceling.

They are 10x more comfortable than the cheaper pairs I've had.

My wirehair ate a set, the others I bought I didn't like long term in place.

I thought about the skull candy or the sig sauer supression bluetooths.
    The $60-70 skull candy worked fine for several years until they went through a spin cycle.
    I run a fair amount in mine and the in ear type headphones tend to pool sweat in your ear which is annoying.

I have a pair of the bone conducting Aftershokz. It took a little getting used to but now it would be hard to go back. They stay on through running, vigorous workouts, and outdoor activities... others didn't. Bonus is you can still hear what is going on(like a car approaching while running/biking). They fit great with hats but helmets(bike/skiing/etc) are a PIA- usually go back to the apple wired ones. They also seem to hold a charge pretty long. They aren't super loud but hasn't been an issue... plenty loud enough to not hear the wife!
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

I have Beats…….only time I really use them is running. They are very comfortable and the sound is great.

I was thinking something like these but was wondering about external noise interference since your ears arent plugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
    I have a pair of the bone conducting Aftershokz. It took a little getting used to but now it would be hard to go back. They stay on through running, vigorous workouts, and outdoor activities... others didn't. Bonus is you can still hear what is going on(like a car approaching while running/biking). They fit great with hats but helmets(bike/skiing/etc) are a PIA- usually go back to the apple wired ones. They also seem to hold a charge pretty long. They aren't super loud but hasn't been an issue... plenty loud enough to not hear the wife!
    Does normal outside noise interfere with ability to hear the headphones?

I’ve washed and dried air pods on several different occasions. They still work. Something for consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
    game changer..would never use something you stick in your ear ever again.

20220421_152132.jpg
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 04-21-2022 at 02:25 PM.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Default Headphones/ear buds

The biggest issue I had with the bone conduction headphones was the audio quality. I was required to have them when I worked in the boat plant, and it was nice because you could wear foam ear plugs and still hear the music. Ultimately though I just kept wanting better sound quality. I have the Bose now and couldn’t be happier…

Last edited by Fireman; 04-21-2022 at 09:22 PM.

I use the galaxy buds about 10 hrs a day
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I've got a pair of jabras and they are awesome. Use them cutting grass and having conference calls no issues.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I just use the regular apple earbuds with the cord. I don't really want blue tooth anything hanging out that close to my brain.
    Thank you. Y’all pay attention.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

i got some aftershokx the missus gave me. wasnt sure at first but i dont mind them when i'm working in the garden or just piddling at the farm. its just like playing music from an external speaker but it follows you around. you can hear any external noise you want. kinda nice like others have mentioned if you were jogging in the neighborhood. i dont notice any music quality issues any moreso than I would from my car stereo. its music. I listen. the end.

they arent for use on the mower or tractor. I use an ear bud type thingie for that.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.